Anybody else like to download old books or movies from internet sites??

Share your links etc.

I've downloaded a few mining and geology books that are way out of copyright, I've also downloaded over 350 movies, going to have to burn them to DVD soon.

Movies, I use XBMC as the "platform" and Navi-X to get the movie's off.

Downloaded one or two, but they are mostly theological works now out of print. You might want to try "project Gutenberg." I think thats the title, you might want to Google it. All kinds of old books on there.

XBMC isn't hard Mick, download it to your computer, go to the XBMC forum, or Youtube for easy to follow instructions.

There are other download sites for movies, but so far haven't found too many that allow the saving of movies, Navi-X is perfect, they allow you to watch them or download them. Any movie you want to save after a download, you can burn to DVD..BUT, remember to use Roxio or similar software for videos, OR you won't be able to play them on your DVD player, only the computer!! I "queued" 26 Christmas movies last night in Navi-X before I went to bed, one or two were slow sites, and only have half of them recorded so far. Many download at around 110-190Kbs, they load in about an hour or less.

They are good when they are ok, but be careful where you download from and make sure it is a legitimate site.

You may end up with more than just a film or a book. Except that you won't know there was something else embedded in it.

ISP's are now blocking Torrent sites and writing to customers who use them!

Bring back Napster, and that's what I say

Incidentally, I now use a Chromebook full time, so I dont think any of this stuff is available for me?

The only "legal" sites are those like Hulu, who pay royalties. No problem. LOL

The ones used via Navi-X, who are only hosting links really, so nothing illegal. All their links are on servers, usually in the far east out of interpols and the FBI's reach.

Although sometimes I hit a dead link where the movie has been removed.

It's a cat and mouse game just like FTA was with Nag1 and 2 encryption, 3 hasn't been cracked YET, but I have heard someone in Europe has cracked it but afraid to release it. Be nice to have free satellite once more..LOL

No, why... I was a pirate in a past life time...LOL