Dale Winton hosting "Supermarket Sweep", someone is seriously having a laugh it that makes Nottingham the best city in the UK.

Have they forgotten about gun crime as well ?

I reckon Nottm City Council have greased a few palms at the "Metro" !

Nottingham has been spoilt for me by the policies of Jon Collins and Crazy Jane ,WPL an unfair tax ,the tram that hardly anyone wants,and the destruction of many well loved Nottinham landmarks

• Upvote 5

I agree SWE2 but I grew up here, I am a proud Nottingham bloke and I will not let the selfish tossers at the crazy palace in Market Square ruin it. As far as I'm concerned, they do not and never will represent the true spirit of Nottingham people.

• Upvote 6

Nottingham is about more than a tramline, television programme or the WPL. Nottingham is about the content of thousands of posts that's been posted on Nottstalgia by people who love the City Of Nottinghan. I agree with swe62, catfan and Bilbraborn that the Nottingham City Council have been irresponsible over many years but they can never remove the heart and soul of our great city. The article (#1) included the Nottingham nightlife, music scene, fashion, TV and film, the arts, accent, productivity, local legends, hotspots, rebels, pubs, sport and the castle and caves. These are the things that we should comment on, the things that make Nottingham famous throughout the World.

• Upvote 4

Yes, someone got their head up their arse a bit with the TV and Film, and I wouldn't rate the castle, plus you even have to pay to go in the grounds now. But 10 out of 12 ain't bad. Despite everything, Nottinghams still bleddy great.

• Upvote 2

It's not really a Castle, it is a mansion that was built on the site of the original castle and therefore should not be called a castle.

Totally confusing and disappointing for the foreign tourist who expect to see a medieval castle .

• Upvote 1

I suppose they got round the misnomer by the fact that it surrounded by castle walls. Its still been noted as a disappointment for visitors for many years though.

In the summer, if me and the missus were in town we'd often get a sandwich and go in the grounds for lunch. You had to show id that you were from Nottingham. Last summer we were told everyone now has to pay and the jobsworth on the gate attempted to lecture us why. My wife shut him up pronto and we sat on the grass outside thumbsdown

and watched the queue of Japanese going in.

• Upvote 2

The true medieval history of Nottingham is more than just a legend called Robin Hood. Nottingham Castle was the favourite residence of medieval Kings who spent probably as much time here as in London. Then there is the story of Roger Mortimer which is seldom told in full. Since those times Nottingham has been firmly on the map. As I said in a previous post. Nottingham is not about the control freaks who think they own the place. Nottingham is about US!!! The true people whose roots lie in places like the Meadows, Radford and St Anne's. Nottingham will be a great place long after Collins and co have snuffed it.

• Upvote 1

Is the Castle City or County council I feel a rant coming on seeing as we collectively own it and pay to maintain it,