Below is a Photobucket link to an early 20th century postcard of 'Kneeton Hill, Hoveringham'.

Now the hilly areas are more on the south side of the river - so this picture might be in Kneeton (on the south bank) - perhaps opposite Hoveringham (on the north bank).

However, can anyone pinpoint exactly where the picture was taken - and dopes anyone know of the curent adress of the cottage shown on the picture.

Cheers

Tim

KneetonHillHoveringham022_zpsa141012a.jp

• Upvote 1

Attached is a link to a 1908 postcard showing 'Railway Bridge, Bridgeford' (sic)

I think this will have carried the old Nottingham to Melton Mowbray line.

However, is the bridge over (a) Radcliffe Rod, (b) Bridgford Road, © Albert Road or (d) Melton Road? It's not a quiz - I just can't work it out and having been over 40 years since I last lived in Nottingham memories begin to fade!

RailwayBridgeWestBridgford_zps22ecdfc2.j

I agree that it's Bridgford Road, but it's looking away from West Bridgford, towards Trent Bridge. (The road coming in on the left is the clue - there's no equivalent beyond the bridge). The PTP photo is looking towards WB.