Hi, MargieH, i would go back to when i was 19, and apologize the Valerie, the girl who thought i was the best, (silly girl), and i treated like s--t, she looked a little like Natalie Jackson, sport girl on Midlands news 18:30hrs. if i hadn't been so up meself i think we would have been a wonderful couple, constantly think about her nowadays

Hi Terence ,

You wouldn't be talking about Val Cole by any chance would you !!!

I would ask a certain Mr Clough to look after his health, who knows where NFFC might be now.

I would kidnap a certain Dr Beeching and hold him prisoner until the railways got back on track.

I would put preservation orders on all the lovely old buildings in Nottingham, swept away in the 1960's & 70's.

I would bring in a law to make Fish & Chip shops peel there own spuds and make chips from scratch.

I would ban the manufacture and sale of cigarettes to hopefully bring down the current odds of getting the big C.

I would have liked to persuade Adolf to continue with his painting course.

I would ban inequality in all of its forms.

I would ban the manufacture and sale of guns and weapons.

I would ban putting the clocks backwards or forwards every year.

I would say sorry to everyone who I have ever upset.

I would take all of my past dogs for longer walks in all weathers.

I would visit all of my past friends and relatives more often.

I would ban old age....

I would........... it's no use, no matter how much I type it's too late.......

• Upvote 8

a cup of tea 4d in one of those BR heavy duty cups ,and off to Grantham trainspotting aged about 11 years without a care in the world!

• Upvote 2

They'd end up spelling all that wrong on the title board.

I would go back and visit more of the beloved steam train sheds before they disappeared.

• Upvote 2

I have been following this thread for a while and wondered whether to even post the following but if it helps anyone it may not just sound like an exercise in self pity. Neither do I want it to sound preachy, its just my feelings.

I have little desire to go back in time for the most part but if I could I think the one thing I would do would be to go back almost 16 years now and apologize to my late wife for often taking her for granted. She was a fine Nottingham gal who took good care of me and our two girls. She was willing to follow my wonderlust when I decided we needed to emigrate and faithfully set up house in each place. She died of a heart attack on March 6th 1999, but this had been preceded by a car smash when a guy ran a stop sign and hit her on the highway. She seemed to be uninjured, but I think this set off a sequence of events which ended three days later. Doctor thought the same thing.

I have no doubt we loved each other dearly but I'm afraid I often failed to verbalize it. Sort of like, if my feelings ever change I'll let you know!

Don't wait until you need a Tardis. Tell 'em you love 'em today.

As mentioned it is now almost sixteen years. I have moved on and life moves on but that is one thing that still eats at me sometimes.

• Upvote 6

How true! It's so important to tell people how much you appreciate them before it's too late. Thanks for sharing your feelings..

• Upvote 4

Mr Lugs, I tell my wife everyday, and also tell my kids and grandkids as often as I can. They all know I do but it is so important to make them all know it.

• Upvote 2

Dave48, #26, no sorry not Val Cole, Valerie Jackson was her name, her dad worked at Lomax on Nuthall Rd.

Hi Terence,

I would have put money on it being Val Cole as she was a dead ringer for Natalie Jackson and lived Denton Green area.

On a happier note. If I could go back to the fifties and sixties I would take a lot more photos of Nottingham and surroundings. Alot of the photos of nottingham I do have were taken as a tourist on trips back from Canada. Funny how you have to move out to make you appreciate some things.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't have left my ex in 2000 . I'd have waited till now !!!!!! LOL