Hi all. I was in 4th Carlton(st Paul's Own) scouts from around 1978 to 1982/3. Just wondering if they are still going these days and if they still have the band. Parade Sundays were brilliant. I played the trumpet first then became a drummer for a while. Any memories or pictures from members on here.

Blacks Head Boy #1

I was in 4th Carlton scouts round about 1950's Frank Maddison was the scout leader i think his brother Gerald had something to do with it, We was based in an old building opposite St. Pauls Church. We had Sunday parades. I don't know weather they are still going. Frank became an accountant in later life. He was very keen and a good scoutmaster as I recall. I know that he played the violin not on parade of course.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Dib Dib Dib Dob Dob  

Dyb = do your best. Dob = do our best*....however, please read the small print. *not liable for the quality of the work or whether it gets completed. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer!

:(

When I was in the Boy Scouts I could think of one or two who would have been better suited to the Girl Guides   slywink

Rog

• 7 months later...

Ah I see, yes I have heard that one too but not sure if it is true, but I did use a hot desert spoon to smooth the leather out when I first started work on a pair of ammo boots I managed to acquire from the guards at Pirbright.thumbsup

• Like 1