Everybody has discovered the Evening Post website is a real pain because of all the adverts, so that each page take several minutes to load. You can run various Ad-block programmes, but there is now a possibly decent alternative.

Notts TV (the local station) have got a local news section on their website. I'm not guaranteeing it's perfect, but it can't be worse than the NEP.

http://news.nottstv.com

• Upvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Slightly old but this newspaper article from The Guardian sums up the decline and future for regional and local newspapers with emphasis on the old Long Eaton Advertiser

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2009/apr/03/local-newspapers-journalism-democracy

• 8 months later...

BBC1 East Midlands News, that's all I need !

• 2 weeks later...

Is that the Biased Broadcasting Company. Whoops!. I like to have a look in the Post and see who is dead (Hatches, Matches and Dispatches). I also like to find out what's on in town.

BBC East Midlands Newa is fine, it's the national news that is loaded towards the left.

There's been a few newspapers in Nottingham, last century alone there was Nottingham Daily Express, Nottingham Guardian, Nottingham Evening Post and the Evening News, maybe more. There was one called the Journal as well but I think that was before my time.

Not these days. The way they portray the parties, and especially each of the party leaders, they've turned into the Conservative Broadcasting Corporation. Don't forget that Nick Robinson was a mate of Cameron's at university.

They may just be running frit of the threats they've been getting from the government about the BBC's future, though, and doing as they are told.

• 9 months later...

I believe there are at least four, in the city centre. There were more, but I believe they didn't renew the leases. 

The real hot spots are Bilborough and Broxtowe. I've seen mega dollops queueing at 7 in the morning. 

• Upvote 1

Hey, you want to see some of the 'women ' in Bulwell and Broxtowe, they need assistance getting their cheeks through the door frames. The one in Broxtowe Lane has no paint on the frame just below waist height due to the continual chafing.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, iandawson said:

What's all this about Colwick loop road being zoned for electric cars,buses and pedestrian folk..no mention of cars!

As intelligent as the Workplace Parking Levy  http://www.nottinghampost.com/businesses-bracing-themselves-for-disruption-as-work-starts-on-nottingham-eco-expressway-scheme/story-29776363-detail/story.html

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a tin of green paint somewhere.

So what does produce greenhouse gasses in Nottingham?  Cars driving in low gear over the multiple speed humps, driving slowly in traffic jams caused by a/ lane removal (as in bus lanes etc)  b/ stuck behind buses picking up passengers at those protruding bus stops.  c. having to keep stopping at traffic lights having their default changed to the minor route.  d/ removal of alternative routes. They think we don't notice.

They expect us all to drive newer and more efficient cars, or hybrid/electric cars.  Who can afford them? I certainly can't but I still need my car to get to work There are no buses to pick me up from Worksop or Breadsall Priory Hotel (just 2 places I work) at 1 or 2 O'clock in the morning.

• Upvote 1