Now don't you remember..... motorists are way down the list of priorities with the City Council.

What about being stuck behind a truck vainly trying to negotiate a left hand turn at various junctions and having to take three attempts at it because it's so tight. I'm just glad I don't drive for a living nowadays. Truckers have my utmost sympathy these days. Just look at the news...... Oo ooh pile up in the M1...... Trucks involved. Must be their fault. Rubbish, it's invariably stupid inconsiderate motorists !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I often wonder where these people think the electricity to charge the batteries comes from, Oh I forgot it all comes from those 'windmill' thingy's..............

• Upvote 1

On 06/02/2015 at 2:42 PM, Cliff Ton said:

Everybody has discovered the Evening Post website is a real pain because of all the adverts, so that each page take several minutes to load. You can run various Ad-block programmes, but there is now a possibly decent alternative.

Notts TV (the local station) have got a local news section on their website. I'm not guaranteeing it's perfect, but it can't be worse than the NEP.

http://news.nottstv.com

That's a refreshing news website. Thanks for the heads up. I may live miles away now, out in the land of carrot crunchers and Poles but I still like to see what's happening where I still call 'local'

• Upvote 1

The NEP website is getting unusable, when will they ever learn that people will go elsewhere.

Just looked at the new version again. I've now decided it's even more annoying than the old version. Everything being larger makes it even more difficult to navigate.

I'll stick with Notts TV for local stuff, at least it's readable.    https://nottstv.com/category/news/

• Upvote 1

It reminds me of windows 7 or 10 with all the different sized tiles.

I check the public notices, now and again, just being nosey.

Checking them today I got all the notices for the country, you now have to pick that you are in The East midlands region, and then you have to pick which councils notices that you want to view.

Before you just got all the notices for the Nottinghamshire area. Which was a lot more relevant.

How long before they change the format again?

• Upvote 1

I try not to alter the settings in windows, I know what to do but it never seems to work out easy.

I use windows 10 and I find it ok for what I need.

I much preferred XP, and vista was ok for what I needed.

Not sure where I should put this topic?

I would just like to congratulate my daughter in law and her work friends for being nominated for raising money for haematology  cancer patients day cases. The girls had a fun night at East Midlands Conference Centre at the nomination event.

Once Again Congratulations NHS Haematology City Hospital and QMC.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Those women amaze me how quickly they can take your blood pain free, amazing,

We'd be in a bad way if it wasn't for people like your daughter in law and friends, congratulations and a big thankyou

Rog