Now don't you remember..... motorists are way down the list of priorities with the City Council.

What about being stuck behind a truck vainly trying to negotiate a left hand turn at various junctions and having to take three attempts at it because it's so tight. I'm just glad I don't drive for a living nowadays. Truckers have my utmost sympathy these days. Just look at the news...... Oo ooh pile up in the M1...... Trucks involved. Must be their fault. Rubbish, it's invariably stupid inconsiderate motorists !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
On 06/02/2015 at 2:42 PM, Cliff Ton said:

Everybody has discovered the Evening Post website is a real pain because of all the adverts, so that each page take several minutes to load. You can run various Ad-block programmes, but there is now a possibly decent alternative.

Notts TV (the local station) have got a local news section on their website. I'm not guaranteeing it's perfect, but it can't be worse than the NEP.

http://news.nottstv.com

That's a refreshing news website. Thanks for the heads up. I may live miles away now, out in the land of carrot crunchers and Poles but I still like to see what's happening where I still call 'local'

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure where I should put this topic?

I would just like to congratulate my daughter in law and her work friends for being nominated for raising money for haematology  cancer patients day cases. The girls had a fun night at East Midlands Conference Centre at the nomination event.

Once Again Congratulations NHS Haematology City Hospital and QMC.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

We'd be in a bad way if it wasn't for people like your daughter in law and friends, congratulations and a big thankyou

Rog

• 3 years later...

Alan West you can view online old copies of Nottinghamshire papers here but the City newspapers only go up to the early 1950s at present .

You can enter a search term here and get snippets but to read the full article you need a subscription .

https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

C-T,

If they can spell and proof read and post new news then they're in with half a chance to beat the competition.

Of course it could be Russian, Chinese or other similar controlled fake / distorted news or maybe an A.I text generator, we'll have to see.

Who proof reads, these days? Come to that, who can spell correctly?

I'm appalled by the basic mistakes to be found on the BBC website nowadays. Clearly, no one proof reads their work. Spelling is abysmal. Often, the writer doesn't know the difference between there and their or as and has. A major culprit is 'benefitted' which is always being trotted out. As for the correct use of an apostrophe... No cha'nce.

• Like 2