• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone who interested read in evening post that on Thursday 5th Nov fireworks on forest rec. heard it's free.

But there will be a fun fair there it says.think it said main display of fire works at 9 pm.

• Upvote 1

We always had a fireworks night and a great one too back in the 50's - got up for school alright the next day.........I loved the smell in the air which lingered....

• Upvote 3
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A good place to have a look is 'what's on' and experience Nottingham

For those interested in the Malt Cross we are putting together a Victorian night , a mix of music, stories about this Victorian music hall. it's on the 26th November at 7.30pm. full details to be published soon. Go to our site at www.thewoollytellers.co.uk

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Does Nottingham still host the "Goose Fair"? 

As a kid I used to "clear up" with my mates when the fair had gone. We used to roam the Forest site for coins people had dropped. You'd be amazed at the "treasure" we collected, only to spend it at a shop on Berridge Rd.

Coco-nut shy's.........Cape walk..........Candy floss.........Waltzer.........Big wheel...........Cock-on-a-stick........Dodgems...........Toffee Apples.........Boxing booths..................Naughty ladies.........Mushy Peas...........Whelks...........Pint on the green.........fortune tellers.........loads of kids and teenagers enjoying themselves...........loved it.............Mind you i'm talking 60s..........since i last went.................

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Can't beat a bit of tradition. Goose Fair holds some great memories for me. Every year I try to make it to Nottingham for a walk around the fair.  If I can't make it ....I Sulk!!!thumbsdown If I can make it I'm Happy.thumbsupSoon be here again.

• Like 2

Theres a film called ''Woman for Joey''..........starring George Baker filmed on Goose Fair in part..........me Mam and Aunty Gwen are in it.............