Dogs and other family pets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

On 9/16/2017 at 6:03 PM, mary1947 said:

Just read some sad post about us have to have our best friends put to sleep. When I was at work I myself lost my dog sadly hit by a car, any way I cried all day long, comment from my boss pull your self together. A few months after this my boss had a four legged friend about a year later  she had to have it put to sleep. Sorry she said to me as now I know how you felt. 

No body no's  how you feel till it happens  to them.

That is so true Mary, been there myself a few times with our pets at the end. Mrs C sadly been there a lot more than me, a few times I came home from work to see a hastily scribbled not saying "Pick me up from the Vets" knew straight away it wasn't good news, minor ailments I would take the pet to the Vets after work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is/was Rip,we he came to live with us after my sister in law died and he adopted us, he followed me all over the place and used to sit across my shoulders in the evening when I settled on the sofa to watch a bit of telly,I really do miss him,especially now I've finished work and spend a fair bit of time on my own

Back_garden_2.jpg

Rog

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Rog, Rip looks like a PUMA!   Look how thick his tail is...  

We're supposed to have one/ some of them roaming the fens round here but it's fondly called the FenTiger.   Out boys used to ride their bikes up the droves with their friends when they were young - about 10 or 12 years old - looking for it.  Don't know what they'd have done if they'd seen it (or even worse, if it had seen THEM)

• Like 1

He was very vocal but a one man cat,when I came home he would start crying and gradually get louder until I picked him up,only ate dry biscuits and drank water not milk,but not water out of his drinking bowl,he would only drink water from the flower vases or lean over the sink and catch a few drips from the tap, Siamese cats are very vocal anyway but I think old Rip held the record for volume

Rog

• Like 2

N'mind about cats and dogs, let's hear it for guinea pigs. This is Sam No.1 with daughter Barbara. They are lovely pets, but not long-livers. Used to let him run around the house until it all went quiet. We would find him nibbling the wallpaper nearest the skirting-board. He use to have the occasional habit of suddenly squeaking and jumping vertically into the air, turning 180 degrees at the same time.

We had three cats. Mention has been made about giving them a bath. We did to one of ours. Have you ever seen a totally soaked cat straight out of the bath with all of its fluffy fur gripping its body? Er, what body? There's nothing on them.  It is the most pathetic example of an unhappy animal you will ever see.

Brabara_Sam_3.jpg

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, Chulla said:

. We would find him nibbling the wallpaper nearest the skirting-board. He use to have the occasional habit of suddenly squeaking and jumping vertically into the air, turning 180 degrees at the same time.

Would it be the pattern on the wallpaper?

A friend of ours had a house rabbit  and called it Arthur (Arfer rabbit) ....get it?

R for Rabbit just in case you didn't get it!

• Like 3

not so sure about that Loppy, you haven't heard my pup Lily. she s got such an earsplitting yappy bark. Im trying to teach her to stop on command but as she's only 4 months it may take a while. the other one Lulu is soooo sweet and calm and quiet just the opposite. I think we should have called Lily ....L'l Duracell. But when they are put in their beds and we switch the lights off they are both like little angels and go to sleep at least it gives me a break for a while. tonight  Misty and Sushi kept wanting to go outside just at the time Lily started her nightly routine. Phew what a run around.

url=https://postimg.org/image/v4s0qhin9/]image.jpg[/url]

Sushi roll. ( Sushi being the pinscher my daughters dog. ) all her own work!!

• Like 3

Lily and Lulu in one of theit quiet moments because theyve just had their first leads on.

url=https://postimg.org/image/dioqzvux1/]image.jpg[/url]

• Like 3

Mick, was Sam a Turkish Van ? I had a rescue one many years ago, with almost identical markings. Beautiful.

A long time ago I had a cat of mixed heritage - black but in strong light, it was possible to make out some tabby patterning. Anyway, whenever anyone took a bath the cat would be at the bathroom door miaowing, wanting to be let in. One day we decided to let her in and the first thing she did was to jump in the water and start swimming around, happy as anything. When she wanted to get out, she would make the most horrendous noises, unlike anything I've heard before or since then she'd wait to be lited out of the water. She tried a few times to climb out but the sides were too steep and she panicked a bit (perhaps that's how the noise came about).

The cat baths became a regular thing, we even asked the neighbours to come and watch although we were very careful we didn't allow it too often as I thought it might be bad for her skin.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This same cat was rather liberal with her favours and got herself pregnant. We made her a nest in her favourite cubby hole and she duly produced eight kittens. I was at work while all this was going on and when I returned home she carefully brought each baby to me in turn, seemingly for my approval. When approval was given, off she'd go and get the next one. It was easy to see they were different as they all had vastly different patterns (what a tart she must have been!)

After I'd been shown her efforts she came and sat on my lap. I felt her abdomen pulsating, then a feeling of wet warmth and there was yet another tiny kitten sitting there. It was all black, like its mother, and it was just as though it was a special present for me. I thanked Pussycat (that's what we called her) and I went to get changed into something clean and dry.

We found homes for all the offspring but, I kept my special present. We had Pussycat have the operation to prevent any more instances of unwanted pregnancies.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2