Dogs and other family pets

Hi loppylugs, your description of Jake: 'sharp as a razor', reminds me of my much beloved Scottish Terrier 'Judy'.

Judy was a real scruff but what she lacked in beauty she doubled in brains. On her return from the 'Poodle Parlour' she so hated her newly cut, shampooed body, as soon as she could she'd escape to the bottom of the garden to roll around in the compost heap. And then to add to that she wouldn't talk for days. Yes, I think she was stubborn too.

Hope we can see a bigger photo of loppylugs. I've got one of Judy with a daisy chain strung around her, I must find the time to sort it out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

423533_2922198447122_1025658650_32390094_1366393896_n.jpg

& This is vespas st georges cross! My very british kitty...

Hi Pixie, thanks for informing me of the difference between a ginger tabby and a tortoiseshell. I know tortoiseshell's are rare, so your mum's lucky to have two - would you think me rude in asking where she got them?

Re your photo of Vespa's St George Cross - how incredible! Do you have a photo of your cat who reached 16?

Sounds like Vespa's very much like Tiggy, independent. And sounds like Kenny likes to be close to you.

Im sure ill have a picture of her somewhere, ill have a look for one later & shair it with you guys! :) She was a chubby jet black kitty, beautiful. Shes had all her cats by 'fate' shes never gone out looking for a cat.. nore has she ever payed for one. They there all unwanted kitties who needed a home - okay so that makes it sound like shes got 100 of them.. but shes only got 4 lol. One being mine, hes huge! Extra loving though, whatever room i was in, hed be in with me.. but i couldnt take him with me when i moved for the fear hed try and make his way back home & i live too far to risk it :( but i see him every weekend and a couple of nights during the week, so im happy! :)

Trying again for another Jake pic. Maybe I should get him to do it.

Hey!!! success. I achieved something today. Have to try reducing them a bit though.

Anyway we are pretty happy with our Beagle. He'll do anything for food.

IMG_0247.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Cockatiel called Jimbo, he was a rescue bird , he likes being hand fed and his favourite food is Rice Crispies he also has to have a piece of bread every morning he wont shut up till he gets it he is very possessive with me , he dosent like being on his own so we take him in the living room at night where he will watch the TV with us if you put your finger in the cage and say Kiss Kiss he nibbles your finger . He will whistle really loud just to let you know when he wants to go to bed every night 9.30 on the dot you can set your clock by him,

• 2 weeks later...

Trying again for another Jake pic. Maybe I should get him to do it.

Hey!!! success. I achieved something today. Have to try reducing them a bit though.

Anyway we are pretty happy with our Beagle. He'll do anything for food.

Touched up the contrast a bit too...Nice looking dog.

06f4c5b0.jpg

Here's a humorous but true tale:

Back in 1974 I was living in a flat on Arundel Street near Canning Circus. My ex-wife had an altercation with an upstairs neighbour when she caught the woman stealing other peoples post. As a result she threw this woman down the stone steps and caused her some bruising etc.. She was fined for causing actual bodily harm to the thief but didn't pay her fine. One day a couple of police called around to let her know that she had so many days to pay or face a prison sentence. One was a police woman who sat herself down on the armchair. What she hadn't noticed was that our pet Iguana lizard, about two feet long, was lying along the top of the char back. She was just getting int the reading of the riot act when the Iguana (Alan) casually drooped his tail over the police woman''s shoulder and wrapped it around her warm neck. With a scream of terror the police woman leaped into the air and made for the door, stopping only when she reached it. I laughed 'til I stopped it was so funny!

Four years, Mick. 1973 to 1977, then moved to Gregory Street, Lenton until 1983. In '83 I moved to Lancashire for a year then Ethiopia followed by the Falklands I eventually returned to Lancs for a year before moving to the Orkney Isles and finally Caithness. Been here since November 1993.

Looking at all the places you have lived, Compo, makes me think what a different generation we are to our parents and grandparents. My grandparents moved house quite a bit around Nottingham, but never out of it, my parents lived in the same house for almost 60 yrs, we baby-boomers have more wanderlust.

That's true Katyjay! In addition to the above I was in the RAF for some years so I travelled a bit with them too. Although now settled in this house, I still take holidays to all sorts of odd places just to what's there.