Dogs and other family pets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

All my life I have had dogs and they have either been working dogs (GSD), rescue dogs or Heinz 57 so I have never had to pamper my pets this way. I know it's probably about winning and I don't have any issues with that at all, each to their own.

I would just like to know do dogs really enjoy being pampered this way or would they just prefer to be a dog?

108.jpg

Our Maltese ......Price

The dogs really enjoy going to the shows they know when they are getting ready to go on a trip and love all the attention not only did the Black one go to the dog shows he also was my pit dog at the racetrack.

• Upvote 1

Barney%20amp%20Jack_zps0pfjybyt.jpg

Our first family dog, Golden Retriever 'Barney' and the 2nd dog Jack Russell 'Jack' being very annoying to the old boy.

Meg%202000_zps1ynxml6c.jpg

Following the demise of Barney we got our Rhodesian Ridgeback 'Meg', a wonderful, faithful,proud and fearless lady who lived to be 14 and sadly died when we were away on holiday a few years ago.

Meg_zpsvqnydm9k.jpg

Ridgeback Meg, always loved car journeys!

• Upvote 5

Jack_zpsp0rtecux.jpg
Jack II, a Patterdale Terrier, adopted at 18 months when our Ridgeback died. He's a total nightmare, can't let him off the lead, absolutely hates being left on his own at home.

• Upvote 5

039417e5-96cf-4861-baf5-8205c32494a3_zps
And finally we have my in-laws Old English Bull Terrier Butch aka Bullseye in the 1968 'Oliver' movie. We see him most Christmas Days, LOL

Quality of this is not at all good because the photo is behind glass in a frame and I've taken a photo of that.

• Upvote 7

Well done Lizzie. You managed it at last.

• Upvote 3

This was Sophie, a retriever mix, greeting the guests when we had the motel. She put her back against the wall and feet on the counter. She was written up in many a review in the guide books. We had her till she was almost 13, when she got bone cancer and had to be put down. Took about 2 years to get over it and I've never had a dog since. Couldn't go through with that again, but I pet every dog I pass in the street.

Sophie%202_zpsimy4kiau.jpg

• Upvote 5

Sorry about all the white empty space on the above, maybe someone can play around with it! (Cliff Ton?)

I've only just seen this ! I could get rid of the white space from here, but it would destroy the evidence.

I think I know what is happening, and it's to do with how you scan & import & crop your originals. I'll think about it.

Katy, re #91, that's just how we feel after we lost our spaniel, Prudy, way back in 1996, and like you take every chance we get to fuss other folks dogs, sometimes takes ages to walk a mile or two if we are lucky enough to hit a good dog day on a dog friendly beach!

• Upvote 1

Our Jack Russell is being annoying to our Golden Labrador at the moment, is it general behaviour when these two breeds get together. The trouble is Balloo is such a big, soppy, harmless dope that Jerry gets away with it, but they do love each other really, honest.

• Upvote 1

I can sympathise with thos who lost a pet and I can only speak for myself, but I've found its best to go and get another as soon as you are over the immediate grief. It helps you heal and might even save another pups life.

• Upvote 2

I totally agree, it's heart breaking losing a pet, watching them hanging on and you not wanting to give them up, just yet. And the poor dog (in my case) frightened and confused not wanting to leave your side. I have been through it too many times and each time I have said not again but in weeks I have another dog still think of and love the old one but love the new one just as much. Then all the fun, companionship, loyalty, training and love starts all over again. The best tonic a man could ask for.

• Upvote 3