Dogs and other family pets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

I pulled up at traffic lights on Gregory Boulevard this afternoon and glanced across at the car next to me to see a ferret hanging out of the open passenger window looking at me. I looked at the woman holding it and smiled at her. All I got back was a glare as if to say 'What YOU lookin' at?'

What's a ferret doing driving a ferret around town, don't know what the worlds coming to Liz. teee heee

And he was saying...................ey up Lizzie,what you doing down the Green?

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Venez-ici mes petit amis ( or are frogs feminine- haven't checked!). Does petit have to have an 's' on - I've forgotten

• 2 weeks later...

Its been two years and a couple of weeks since I lost my old dog. My mrs is a bit OCD about cleanliness and wont permit me to get another dog. I suspect that she is also a bit jealous about the strength of the bond I had with my dog, and wont let it happen again.

Harvey died two years ago and I miss him enormously. He was mental. I dont mean in an aggressive or nasty way, just a loon. To give an example, I love to walk and after a medium length walk not far from Keswick me and Harvey went on a pub crawl. Keswick is remarkably dog friendly. We were at the Dog and Gun and Harvey jumped up at the bar from the pub door. I dont mean that he jumped and got his two front paws on the bar, he was entirely on top of the bar! There was a busy pub and a 35 kg dog was stood on the bar top. Not a glass was broken. I called for him to get down but he decided it was a long way down and I had to carry him off the bar. Harvey was a weimaraner, and my third one. Paddy died young. He was my second dog.

Winston was my first weimaraner and was tough. Big hard lad. Again not in the slightest nasty, but could take on any weather, and trained to the gun, he could hunt. I had Winston when I was in the army and the dog was better known than me. I would often take him to the TA centre at a weekend and give someone the responsibility of looking after him whilst I was away on a weekend exercise if I could not take him with me. The soldiers loved him. One time a corporal approached me and said, "Sir, we must talk about the smell, the urinating, the scratching and the farting" I replied that I would ensure that the dog would not be a nuisance. The corporal replied " Its not the dog Sir"

• Upvote 2

Thankyou caftan. This is Sushi cleaning her teeth. What did I do wrong ? I think I followed all the instructions correctly. Wonder if using iPad makes a difference. It's handier than using the computer.

My parents had two Boxers, both named Kim. They were the most wonderful pets you could ever wish for. They had a wonderful nature and you could torment their eyes out and they just loved it. Like nonnaB I used to torment Kim No.2 by flaunting food right in front of his face and making slurping noises. Pretty soon he would start to whimper and then the saliva would start, leading to big bubbles and candles of saliva hanging down. Of course I let him have the food, and he knew it he was going to get it. When dad died I used to go the mam's every Saturday afternoon. As I walked down the path Kim would be looking through the window waiting for me - he knew when I would arrive, and on seeing me would go balmy. The things I could tell you about those dogs. They both had wonderful lives but both had to be put down when they were about ten or eleven; Boxers do not seem to live a long life.

• Upvote 2