Dogs and other family pets

A mate of mine who is blind & has a guide dog. After cooking the Sunday dinner for himself & his wife he couldn't find the joint of beef he had cooked, both he & his wife are totally blind.

His guide dog had pinched it off the top of the work surface & ate the lot ! He & his wife had Sunday dinner that day minus the beef.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

Years ago, I worked with a girl who lived in Grantham with her husband. They had a dog named Daisy and a cat.

Silly enough to leave a joint of meat wrapped in foil on the kitchen worktop one Saturday evening,  having invited friends over for Sunday lunch, they discovered the wreckage the following morning. The cat had jumped onto the worktop and pushed the joint to the edge,where Daisy took over and pulled it onto the floor. Both then stuffed themselves silly.

Come lunchtime, when everyone was sitting down to beans on toast, both Daisy and the cat chose to throw up all over the carpet,

We still love em, though,

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Brew I put like in the sense I know its hard to sent a dog for his last journey we've done it twice, not out of choice though. My husband goes to talk to Max every night and Misty goes with him. Its now five years since we lost him and it doesnt get any better.

• Like 4

A couple of delightful stories there. Mick and Jill.   I'm sure the folks who lost the roasts didn't see the funny side though.  One of Jake's other favorite tricks if he can't quite get it off the counter is to lick whatever it is he is after.  Then he stands and looks at you like he's starving.  The implied question is,  Surely you are not going to eat that now I have licked it, are you?  We never reward him at the time.  If its suitable he might get it for supper.

I bathed 'em both this afternoon.  That's fun and games.  The weather is nice and I have one of those kids wading pools.  I fill it with water in the morning and after lunch it is quite warm from the sun.  Its a battle to get them in.  I do one at a time.  No way I'm trying to do them together.  It was like pulling teeth to get Bailey in.  Jake not so bad.  I take my shoes and socks off and go in with them.  Makes it easier and we don't have a bathroom to clean up.  Just watch out when they shake.  Mrs' L is going to try to trim Bailey tomorrow he's got more fur than a shag rug.  Should be interesting.  A shaggy dog story. :biggrin:

• Like 3

Loppy reading your post brought back a memory of trying to bath our Staffie. We filled the bath with warm water got him in but he wouldn't keep still, my daughter got into the bath and shampooed him i told her to keep him still and would pour a bucket of water over him. You can probably guess what came next i threw the water dog jumped out of bath and daughter looked like a drowned rat. We went back to the old way which he loved the hose pipe.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ah ! Is that the only piece that he hasn't ripped up yet ? Bless him ! LOL

• Like 1

Mrs. L trimmed Bailey this morning.  I stayed working in my garden.;).   She did a pretty good job to say she has never done it before, working with an electric trimmer, and her training was via YouTube.  Gotta give credit where it's due.  Saved us fifty bucks too.  Bailey looks much better and I'm sure he's glad to be rid of all the long fur.

• Like 1

My beautiful one eyed long Haired Lillie.......needs trimming,,....had a couple of goes before,,but she goes absolutely crazy,,especially when i go for her 'nether regions''.........Cat needs sorting as well..............

• Like 3

We bought one of those things that clamps to the edge of a table and has a strap for their neck and around the waist to keep from sitting down or falling off the table.  Mrs. L got Bailey used to being handled that way by lots of brushing and switching on the trimmers once in a while.  They hardly make any noise anyway.  That's one issue we don't have with Jake.  He is naturally short haired and a good brush and a bath is all he needs to keep him looking smart.  Like me. ;)  Bailey's a hippy.

Had to laugh today, I ran out of polish cleaner for my kitchen cupboards so I thought I would apply some coconut oil . Finished them and was pleased with the result, but later found the two little pups licking the cupboard doors. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Our little Lulu in comparison to a courgette.

IMG_2666.jpg

Don't look at the mess in background . We had just come in from shopping and were starving so had some ham and cold meats straight from packets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No Lizzie she gets out of the way quick. Shes just learnt to climb the stairs then cries to come down because shes afraid ,but this morning it dawned on her how to come down. Shes so funny, if shes in her bed and we start to talk to her she rolls over to tickle her tummy. Shes only one week older than the other one but in many ways shes the boss. She let Lily know when SHE wants to play and if Lily doesnt play along, bite, push, nip,and attack until they roll over each other.

Its a courgette albeit a large one.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

I know this will upset certain members but here goes. Why is it that cat owners think it purrfectly (sic) ok to let their cats roam around and use everybody else's gardens as toliets. I am sick to death of having to clear cat crap from around my roses. If I wasn't so well brought up, it may well have been oushed back through certain letter boxes by now.

• Like 1

Some years ago when I lived in Nottingham there was this woman who let her Alsatian dog crap in front of my gate nearly every night, having had enough of this disgusting act I scooped up said mess,put it in a bag and took it to the womans house, knocked on the door and when she answered I gave her the bag saying "your dog dropped this outside my house" she was grateful that I had returned what she thought was some sort of dogs toy until she opened the bag, the dog never crapped in front of my gate again

Rog

In saying all that it's not generally the dogs fault,just irreponsible owners

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

My cats have a mooch round the garden but never go to the toilet out there. That would mean getting dirt under the claws they spend hours manicuring!  I have 4 litter trays and that's where they make their deposits, leaving the lavatory attendant to clean up! Still love em to bits!

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Deepdene Boy said:

I know this will upset certain members but here goes. Why is it that cat owners think it purrfectly (sic) ok to let their cats roam around and use everybody else's gardens as toliets. I am sick to death of having to clear cat crap from around my roses. If I wasn't so well brought up, it may well have been oushed back through certain letter boxes by now.

You get free fertilizer for your roses then complain ?

There's no pleasing some people !  smile2

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...