Dogs and other family pets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

We nearly had a pair of Mallards set up home on the pond. Lovely birds and because the pond is only 5 feet from the conservatory, we could watch them peacefully. Got them almost eating out of my hand. The cats and dog showed interest but not aggressively so, until Patch the JR took it into his head to chase them off yesterday afternoon. They came back this morning and all was OK all day until Patch chased them off again. Doubt if we will see them again. Bleddy dog, cats, hens - all acting like animals...... The beaten up hen seems to be recovering without being isolated. So she will be left in with her sisters for a while. This will give me time to paint the isolation coup ready for new birds when restrictions are lifted (bird flue).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We got 5 dogs on our Narrowboat.... 

3 staffs which are mam, son and daughter a German schnauzer and a lake land cross border..... Its mental

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ube said:

We got 5 dogs on our Narrowboat.... 

When you can go out on your boat again, look out for hubby's cousins' boat, Muchgigglin'. Lovely couple, say hello. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Beekay said:

Is there any room for humans? And which one fits in the tow harness?

Only just....... Think the brother n sister could pull the boat no probs lol

2 hours ago, katyjay said:

When you can go out on your boat again, look out for hubby's cousins' boat, Muchgigglin'. Lovely couple, say hello. 

Where are they based? Is it a narrowboat?...... Think its goin to be the middle of April although there's boats moving now

1 hour ago, ube said:

Where are they based? 

I do believe it is Alvecote, Warks. Their narrowboat has a distinctive engine noise. Julie (of Tone and Julie, the owners) has just had an article published in the Feb edition of Narrow Boat Magazine. 

1 hour ago, katyjay said:

I do believe it is Alvecote, Warks. Their narrowboat has a distinctive engine noise. Julie (of Tone and Julie, the owners) has just had an article published in the Feb edition of Narrow Boat Magazine. 

I'll keep me eye for them

Ube, their engine is a Russell Newbery DM Diesel - 1939. They ask where you are moored, you never know they might know you!

3 hours ago, katyjay said:

Ube, their engine is a Russell Newbery DM Diesel - 1939. They ask where you are moored, you never know they might know you!

At the moment we're at Trent Lock..... We got 1950 lister Ha2 in our 70ft

The pair of Mallards are now regarded as pets. I have knocked up a temporary shelter for them on the side of the pond. They have been inside it a few times and if they are still using it tomorrow I'll make something a bit more suitable. Patch is getting used to them and the cats obviously think they are too big for them. The ducks (Donny and Dilly) seem to have the measure of them :biggrin: They love the hen's mixed corn and layers pellets. If they stay and lay eggs I'm just hoping that the ducklings survive. If they stay on the water they should be OK. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

More power to your Pevril Aquatic Wildlife park. A pair of Flamingos should complete it.

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Show us narrowboaters a picture I've and I'll show you me narrow boat art. hellothere

4 minutes ago, katyjay said:

ube, what is the name of your boat so they can look out for yo?. 

It's called Communicator.... I'm trying to upload a piccy

Lovely boat Tracy15, thanks for posting and a big welcome to Nottstalgians. I look forward to more pix.

Thank you Tracey for posting the boat picture.  i have copied and sent it to the cousins. Muchgigglin' is completely red if memory serves me correctly.  They took us on there for a couple of days, just pootling along at 3mph, it was lovely.

ube. When I saw Braunston on your boat it rang a bell. Cousin Julie confirmed that that was where we moored for the night. We walked over a bridge and up a steep path to the town and ate dinner in a pub there.  She asked what your name was, all I could tell her was Ube! They will be going through Trent Lock, hopefully, mid to late May.

Braunston is a lovely place built upon the canal system..... "Braunston" won't on the side much longer, we're paint her this year..... And we're having "Fellows Morton & Clayton" put back on the side and replacing Braunston with NOTTM...... We shall be about the area late May so we might bump into them

• Like 1

Last night I put a deposit on Ripley (named after the heroine in the Alien films although he is a boy - hope this doesn’t give him gender issues!!) who is a 2 day old black cockapoo. He weighs in at a hefty 380gms at the moment. It was a bit of a hairy moment as it was done by bank transfer and I  had never done it before, had visions of the money disappearing into the banking system never to be seen again, but it arrived safely and I got a receipt in my email. If for any reason I decide I don’t want him (very unlikely) then I will get my deposit back when the pup is resold which is fair enough, a lot do non-refundable deposits.
I was a bit hesitant about doing this as normally you would go and see a litter when they were running about but there is no chance of that at the moment with the insane demand for puppies so have taken the plunge. I have been in contact with the seller who is licensed and has sent me videos and  pictures of mum and dad before she gave birth and have received the same of the pups over the past couple of days. 
I have noticed that over the last couple of weeks the prices of puppies are going up, average seems about £3,000 now with some £4,000 or more which just seems crazy. The amount I am paying is eye watering but nowhere near that and below the budget that I set by £250 which will pay for his first couple of vet visits and the other things I have already brought. No doubt there will be something I have forgotten, it is over 10 years since I had a puppy. 
Just waiting for the restrictions to be lifted so I can get to actually see him in the flesh and have a cuddle. Then he will be coming home on the 24th April, the day after my 2nd jab and the house, no doubt, will be in chaos for the next few weeks. Can’t wait:)

• Like 6