Dogs and other family pets

Mrs.B, I use Postimage on me tablet and pc. I don't own a smartphone, nor do I want one. If you Google postimage then click on that, it will ask you to choose an image. Go back to your pictures and click on the one you want. It will bring you back to the screen as seen below. In the far right, click on the second line 'Direct link' and a blue box will come saying 'copied'. Now open Nottstalgia and put in your post, then right click or keep finger on screen if a tablet and a little command will come up. Click or touch 'paste', then you're done. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

Maybe it did cos I can see it if I click on the link. When postimage had captured it I had to press my finger in the photo to enable the copy function and then it would let me do the paste option on my post.

Mrs.B, yes, I saw the link and your 'Hog', well done. Now we'll try again so as to get your picture straight away. See below.....

1. Click on postimage

2. Choose images

3. Click on chosen image (after doing this you'll go to next screen)

4. On the grid table Click on blue box on right (Direct link) it will show 'copied'

5. When this is done, close postimage and open NS.

6. Choose and write your post then keep finger on screen until 'paste-select all. Click paste. Hey Presto ! All done.  B.

"Here Endeth the First Lesson"

(Are you watching Lady Hawk ?)

Beekay, I’m going to try again after dinner, got in a worse mess than originally and it’s just making me cross. 

Have a cuppa tea/coffee lass. Calm down, take a breath and we'll go through it together slowly. B.

Beekay, we haven’t seen it now for two nights although have put food down. Just lifted tonight’s food up as 2 slugs were eating it. Extra food for the now phantom hog but have had to let my 2 cats out so have abandoned it for tonight as don’t want them eating it. You made me laugh anyhow with the “calm down lass” reminded me of my ex father in law who was from Lancs.

Will further investigate the photo malarky towards the end of the week as pretty busy doing assessments for the RHS before then. Thanks for your help mate.

• Like 1

That’s a beautiful picture Beekay. Roses are my passion and we’re my father's too. We used to have a climbing Ena Harkness over the porch when I was a kid at Tollerton and I have one now at the allotment. Happy memories.

I have been taking lots of horticulture photos today on my community assessing.

Well done Mrs.B., see what a little patience can do. I'll send you my bill. slywinkKeep up the good work and I expect to see more pix. 

Owners of such facilities should be subjected to the same treatments as as the defenceless animals they make their dirty money on.  Maybe they would learn something.

I would like to provide a home to some of these poor dogs but we are getting a bit long in the tooth.  Bit of a struggle to take care of our two somedays.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Dogs are wonderful but unless you are prepared to sacrifice something they can be a burden . We have 3 of our own plus when my daughter is working we look after her dog. My husband doesn’t tolerate anything said about dogs or any animal and is forever telling them he loves them and tells me how beautiful they. I know but I don’t want to hear it a thousand times a day. Next door one side they have a 3 yr old child plus a small dog. Ok we thought great for the child to grow up with animals but from the moment it was able to bark it has rarely stopped. They open the balcony door at 5.30-6am and leave it open for the dog to go in and out. Keep in mind that a few years ago the house was burgled and she’s terrified that it will happen again. So to stop it they set everything on a timer, so after the dog is let out the music or news comes on full blast and wakes everyone up. My son sometimes finishes work and gets home at 1 am sometimes 2 am so he needs to sleep , you can image what he thinks. This couple have extremely loud voices and argue like cat and dog most

( practically all) of the time. My grandchildren spend their time studying on the patio at the back where this couple have their pool and the kids have to come in because they can’t concentrate. We’ve said and my dil has told them but they don’t listen in fact the noise has increased. A couple of weeks ago they left home at 6am and came home at midnight and had left their little dog all that time on his own. Tonight they are going away camping so I want to see what they are going to do with the dog( only a puppy) 

Between us all we’ve said “ Hope it pours down for them” but maybe that’s wrong to say because they may return home.:wacko:

• 1 month later...

I'm delighted to see that Dale Road in Keyworth has won an award for its hedgehog encouragement. Well done, residents of Dale Road!  Last night, I went outside at around 9.30pm and almost fell over a hedgehog near the kitchen doorstep! Not an adult, nor yet a baby. I would say an adolescent, probably born around June this year. Looked a reasonable size and should have no problem hibernating. Checked their food and it had all gone! Hungry hedgehogs!

• 3 months later...

Got up this morning to a heavy frost so decided to take Jj to a different park than usual today. The one we usually go to has a fenced in, what used to be, tennis court so I go on there to throw his ball. Once the gate is shut I don’t have to worry about any loose dogs being on my own and can concentrate on the game but thought it might be a bit slippy for him to run on. 
As usual had to chase him all over the house to get his coat on, once it is on he stands still and looks sorry for himself so it is easier to put the harness on. Got myself wrapped up, had my thermals on, and off we went. 
The frost was quite thick in some places, almost like snow, and he got a bit giddy when we were walking on that. Got to the park and we were the only ones on there, it looked absolutely magical with the frost on the trees etc. Had a good game of running after the ball (Jj not me), plenty of snuffling in the leaves under the trees (Jj again) and generally having a good time. By now my fingers were starting to go dead so we walked back home.

Got back, both had breakfast and are now both snuggled on settee under my heated throw (thanks Octopus). He’s napping, I am reading a book. 
Life can be good.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

To be honest BK only ever managed to get one photo posted on here after much trying. Not sure how I managed that, more by chance than anything. Not been able to work out how to post one since despite having instructions!

18 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

Got up this morning to a heavy frost so decided to take Jj to a different park than usual today. The one we usually go to has a fenced in, what used to be, tennis court so I go on there to throw his ball. Once the gate is shut I don’t have to worry about any loose dogs being on my own and can concentrate on the game but thought it might be a bit slippy for him to run on. 
As usual had to chase him all over the house to get his coat on, once it is on he stands still and looks sorry for himself so it is easier to put the harness on. Got myself wrapped up, had my thermals on, and off we went. 
The frost was quite thick in some places, almost like snow, and he got a bit giddy when we were walking on that. Got to the park and we were the only ones on there, it looked absolutely magical with the frost on the trees etc. Had a good game of running after the ball (Jj not me), plenty of snuffling in the leaves under the trees (Jj again) and generally having a good time. By now my fingers were starting to go dead so we walked back home.

Got back, both had breakfast and are now both snuggled on settee under my heated throw (thanks Octopus). He’s napping, I am reading a book. 
Life can be good.

Nice story , especially snuggled under the throw after a cold and frosty walk , enjoy !!!

• 1 month later...

First sighting this year of Jemima the hedgehog at 7.15pm tonight.  She looks well. She had polished off her mealworms, so I've given her a dish of cat food. It's cold tonight and she won't find much in nature's pantry yet.  Makes me feel spring is almost here.

• Like 1

Brilliant Jill that it is back, haven’t spotted mine yet, will have to keep a look out

• 2 weeks later...

My boy is taking part in the “Big Walkies” to raise money for the RSPCA which started on March 1st. He has so far walked 40 miles out of the total of 100 they intend to do through March, would have been more but the weather hasnt been co-operating. There area number of dogs to sponsor, so if you are interested please look up Big Walkies so we can raise as much money as possible. Thank you.

• Upvote 1