Dogs and other family pets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

After many years of dog and cat companionship, I can say without any doubt they know and understand far more than they are given credit for.

Note I don't say ownership, who owns whom?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Did anyone see the dog rescuers on Chanel 5 last night? I was involved in assisting the RSPCA to a 3 bedroom house that contained 40 dogs, most of them in cages. We took away 11 dogs to a re homing centre, it was not something pet lovers would like to see.

• Upvote 1

One of our cats has had a couple of teeth extracted today.  She's fine and doesn't seem to be in pain, unlike us who have had to pay £342....  she has to have a daily squirt of antibiotics for 5 days and a daily squirt of mouthwash for 4 days.   Dental work isn't covered by pet insurance!  At the moment, she's she's wailing at the cat flap because she wants to go outside (not allowed until tomorrow)  because she doesn't much like the litter tray

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Loppy.   She's accepted she's not going outside now and is just sitting on the floor staring into space.  I expect she's trying to make sense in her little brain about what happened to her today.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

url=https://postimg.org/image/7moklccs5/]image.jpg[/url]

Sushi my daughters dog seaking warmth from the pellet stove. I had put the dogs cushions on top to finish drying. She jumped up onto the pellets and sat there like a princess.

• Like 2

Sushi is a very agile dog Nonna, getting up there.

Our Jack used to be able to jump up onto the kitchen work top, whenever we went out he’d get up there, the evidence was the little paw prints all over the granite and across the hob.  We never actually saw him up there though.  He’s not been able to do that since he got the dislocated hip when he did a runner from Broxtowe and found his way home across Nottingham.   

Lizzie we get that with sushi but up on the kitchen table. Tell her to get down and she does immediately , on her haunches.