forest stink

We were the same prior to BC's arrival. Allan Brown FFS.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dark clouds over the City Ground.  

No, design a building that is safe and attractive,or kick a bag of wind Pilot a plane or boat with the responsibility of hundreds of peoples safety in your hands or kick a bag of wind , Put your lif

We drink warm beer because it is beer and not weasel p**** (3 esses) Late last year on my way back home, I stopped off in London for a couple of days and met with some old mates and obviously we

Forest are safe.....

After starting the season with high hopes of being promotion hopefuls it came down to the second half of the last game of the  season to ensure Forest's survival in the Championship.

When will somebody step in and sort this shambles of a once great club out?

• Upvote 1

According to Radio Nottingham, Fawaz has plans in motion. 

Yes, the second half was pretty good to say the least !

• Upvote 1

Despite some reasonable performances throughout a distinctly disastrous season, we were mainly in that predicament at the bottom of the league because of our inexplicable inability to beat the teams in the bottom quarter of the table.

We had some great results in beating Leeds, Newcastle, Villa . Then thrashing the likes of Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading. 

However, when it came to the crunch in the latter part of the season, we failed to beat Wigan, Burton, QPR, Bristol City, Birmingham, and most worryingly, Blackburn, in what came to be the most crucial game of the season.

All this end of season worry, heartache and frustration could have been so easily avoided had we just beaten a couple of them.

Casting my mind back many years to the time of relegation under Cloughie, if I remember correctly, a similar situation occurred. We beat the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U, but when it came to the crunch at the end of the season, we failed miserably in not beating West Ham, Coventry, Sheffield United and Southampton, who were all crap teams at the time.

When in a relegation battle, or a promotion fight, you've GOT to take points off the teams surrounding you, such as when we gained promotion under Frank Clark. We took points from Middlesbrough, Derby, and other teams at the top.

So, let's say farewell to the loanees, keep the seasoned professionals, and let the youngsters filter through, and hopefully blend in, which I believe Gary Brazil was attempting to do. 

I'm not deriding Warburtons efforts, but I wonder how things would have panned out under Brazil. It makes you wonder doesn't it ?

Anyway, roll on next season, and let's all hope for some long awaited success.

• 9 months later...

Despite all the signings it is not going well for Aitor Karanka

Based on the current form anyone see another relegation battle coming up.

As I have said before build the club around local and home grown talent and then we might get some pride and passion.

For things to go badly for so long and so often methinks there is something fundamentally wrong at the club.

• Upvote 1

We've had almost two decades of constant chop and change, and it's high time a chairman stuck with his choice of manager and backed him in his quest to get success back to the City Ground. We're in the same perilous state as with Warburton, although I question some of the players work rate. We can thrash Wolves away, and Arsenal in the cup, then are deplorable against Hull. 

• Like 1

Forest continuing to head south on the league ladder. Can't mange to beat the bottom club who haven't won at home for 12 matches.

We are now only 8 points clear of a relegation spot or on the bright side 16 points from a promotion play off place.

Have a look at the  match stats the only thing we won was the fouls 10 to 2. The rest was woeful and Aitor said "I'm really proud of the players"

For what?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Another pathetic whimpering conclusion to yet another debacle of a season. 

48 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Another pathetic whimpering conclusion to yet another debacle of a season. 

You had a debacle of a season...........try supporting Sunderland.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gem, I recall that we both said something similar round about this time last year. Let's hope we're not repeating ourselves in 2019.

• Like 1

Looking at the stats from the Bolton game 

Forest hat 57% of the possession, half as many shots and shots on target (4) as Bolton and one third the number of corners.

Aitor Karanka's after match comments were pathetic.

Unfortunately, unless something changes dramatically, I am afraid I can only see a potential relegation battle for next season

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Never mind.......Forest under 18 ladies beat Mansfield  12-1,,,,yesterday,,,,lol.

• Upvote 1

2-1 up with about five minutes remaining should easily be defendable against a crap side. I know we had nothing to play for, but what about PRIDE for goodness sake. Disgraceful !

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When people ask me where I’m from (for some reason many people ask if I Australian) and I reply Nottingham I include “you know Robin Hood and all that”. There was time when I didn’t need to do that because everybody know about  “Oh Brian Clough and Forest”. Now I have to explain all this and talk about Man U being 2nd Division trash, Tommy Docherty etc.  But even prior to Clough, Forest were OK, not brilliant but OK. After the 1959 FA Cup win (still only team to win it with 10 men) they were a good 1st Div team. 

• Upvote 1

That's funny Martyn. I answer the same way, usually with the words Everybody's heard if Robin Hood, tagged on the end.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Martyn said:

When people ask me where I’m from (for some reason many people ask if I Australian) and I reply Nottingham I include “you know Robin Hood and all that”. There was time when I didn’t need to do that because everybody know about  “Oh Brian Clough and Forest”. Now I have to explain all this and talk about Man U being 2nd Division trash, Tommy Docherty etc.  But even prior to Clough, Forest were OK, not brilliant but OK. After the 1959 FA Cup win (still only team to win it with 10 men) they were a good 1st Div team. 

Why do we drink warm beer ?

• Like 2

We drink warm beer because it is beer and not weasel p**** (3 esses)

Late last year on my way back home, I stopped off in London for a couple of days and met with some old mates and obviously we went, to what I thought was a regular pub, for a pint. There were about 10 choices of beer on draught only one of which could be described as anyway near bitter. The rest were all sorts of “ales” and foreign muck. A conversation ensued and I was told that the most popular beer in the UK is Budweiser. Now I have drunk my, and probably several other people’s, share of Bud over the years but not in the UK.

The best beer ever was Home Ales 5 Star, under duress Shippo’s would go down alright and even Worthy E after about 5 pints was OK. But Budweiser!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just and aside off subject 

At Plymouth Poly there was a beer drinking competition, organized by Worthington (E) centered around the Yard of Ale. My class, all deck cadets, put together a team and we won the Boat Race. One on the team, whose name was Bernie (can’t remember his last name) and worked for Shell Tankers won the Yard of Ale in world record time. He was in the Guinness Book of Records. 

• Like 1