forest stink

Well we're on our 16th manager in about as many years, and still clinging to mid table mediocrity. How many millions have we spent to consolidate our pathetic position. Other than odd games, I've not been to see them in 19 years. 

We were in a superb position two months ago, and have now blown achieving a play-off position. 

Promotion next season ? Not a cat in hells chance.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dark clouds over the City Ground.  

No, design a building that is safe and attractive,or kick a bag of wind Pilot a plane or boat with the responsibility of hundreds of peoples safety in your hands or kick a bag of wind , Put your lif

We drink warm beer because it is beer and not weasel p**** (3 esses) Late last year on my way back home, I stopped off in London for a couple of days and met with some old mates and obviously we

Amazed that the potential for promotion has been there for so long. Agree ..with today's results no chance. I'm not sure I agree with the play offs..good chance that the third placed team could be 20 points clear of 6th this year.

• Upvote 1

Cast your minds back to 1975/6. The (then) new manager inherited a lacklustre team and struggled to get anywhere with the players at his disposal, finishing in 16th place in the second tier.

What happened subsequently is history.

O’Neill and Keane need time to build a squad to play the kind of football they want, rather than have to endure the demands of armchair experts who expect instant results.

• Like 1

I'm forever the optimist too, and didn't expect instant success, but the results have been deplorable, especially against lower ranked opponents. He definitely needs time.

Yesterday was the first time in 44 years, well since being seated, that I never stood up when Forest scored, I would hope that Martin & Roy do the right thing & walk, hopefully yesterday.

Quite glad there is only 2 home games left, renewed for next year, I do enjoy the complete day out with mates & bumping into youths I've not seen for a while, it's just the football that spoils it.    

• Like 1

Ha, ha RR. That's why I stopped going. I enjoyed the cards, curry and beer in the Supporters Club, then the footy ruined it, and I went home disappointed and angry !

• 10 months later...

Sorry to have to say this but unless some kind of miracle happens it looks like Forest are set for yet another season in the 2nd tier of English Football.

Last weeks draw against a relegation threatened Middlesbrough, a 1-0 creditable away win against Cardiff and now a 3-0 at home thrashing by Millwall

gives me almost no hope of an automatic promotion spot and very little hope of them winning promotion through the play-offs. 

I would be happy to beat D*rby home & away, finish 7th until the day I pop my clogs, I do feel for my kids & the Forest youngsters,  but you can keep the premiership, not for me. 

Hats off to Millwall lads tonight, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a decent sized crew cross Trent Bridge.