Queen Street, Old Basford

He would have died in the 1960's and I would guess he was in his 30's at the latest when he died. His wife was Ann maiden name Seddon and has a daughter named Barbara. Ann may still be alive although well into her 80's now. She never remarried. Last time I saw her was at a family funeral probably 6 years ago. Unfortunately I have no idea how I would get in touch with either of them at the moment.

Well I have traced back to 1924 at the moment, found John's mother was a Smith (not helpful), could do with a lead on his father. Going forward Barbara born 1968 married a chap named William Bright in 1985. Barbara was born a year before her father died.

Incidentally John was born in Mansfield

Can't say it is a relative at present but confirming the name is a help.

PR

Thought about this. Last time I spoke to Barbara she referred to her Father as John, but my Mother always referred to him as Cyril. I never knew him. Last time I was in communication with Barbara (via Genes Reunited) her name was McArthy or McArthur. I have no idea how many times she has been married. I have had a quick look on Genes Reunited where you can request to see other peoples trees (I am not subscribed) She is using her maiden name of Raynor.

• 3 years later...

Hi Paul and Malcolm,

Yes that's me, Barb, and Cyril (John) was my dad...but I don't remember getting married:biggrin: I like being a Raynor too much!

By the looks of things we do have a connection as my grandad, Walter b.1898, lived at 31 Queen Street on the 1901 census and Basford at that time was over-run with Raynors, mainly thanks to g.g.g.grandad Joseph and his 10 sons!!!!

I notice this thread is a couple of years old but if you still need any info let me know. 

Regards, Barb.

• Like 1