I had a look around the forums generally to see where such a topic would be best located, could not find an obvious candidate.

I would guess there a loads of public houses that have gone, the lost pubs project on the tinternet have identified a fair few of them, that said not all of them.

I am particularly interested in the following which were in Old Basford.

Queen's Arms (Queen Street / Queen's Square)

The Lord Nelson (Percy Street) the old building, as I have found there is / was a more recent incarnation of this pub maybe on the same plot..

Questions I am asking:-

Who were the breweries these buildings belonged to, is there any photos of each of these buildings, how long were these buildings there for (probably answered by the number of publicans) - I can get this from trade directories but if there is an easier way please let me know.

PR

What I would suggest is go to your local library or better still the one in Nottingham, full of useful information especially when using the micro fiche. Or better still join your local history society, if possible.

This is what I do and even now after 20 years research still find it exciting when I find that bit of missing jigsaw.

I just use this site to help fill in those missing gaps.

What I would suggest is go to your local library or better still the one in Nottingham, full of useful information especially when using the micro fiche. Or better still join your local history society, if possible.

This is what I do and even now after 20 years research still find it exciting when I find that bit of missing jigsaw.

I just use this site to help fill in those missing gaps.

Robbie I would like to more often but not a resident of Nottingham but do get there on occasions. The local records office is closed at the moment for refurbshment but not considered the library as a resource.

I checked my earlier post on Queen Street and the detailed map you sent over, the picture matches the map - the give away is the bay window which is plain to see on the map and can be seen in the photo. Any idea when the picture was taken?

PR

I'd guess first half of the 1960s. The caption where I got it from describes the area alongside as "North Place", which fits on maps.