Bailey Street, Old Basford / Radford Road, New Basford

Looking for a copy of a map that has sufficient detail to identify or determine house numbers on Bailey Street. Also looking for the same for Radford Road, narrowing this down to number 496 or just up Egypt Road / Radford Road Junction. Hope some one can help, looking forward to any replys.

PR

The number is 88 Bailey Street, if you look on the left hand side at the Whitemoor Road end then this is where the house ought to have been - completely redeveloped.

As for Radford Road I have a photo taken in 2008 (house looks better now), just looking for a better map than I have.

PR

I had a friend who lved on Bailey Street back in the 1960's her name was Avis......

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2015 at 4:31 PM, The Pianoman said:

I have a customer now lives in Ashbourne originates from Bailey Street. Her name is Viv. No idea of her maiden name

As this thread is now resurected, the customer I mention above was Viv. Bates. The family ran a shop on Bailey Street.

Hi Kayley, the grave yard is behind the even numbers on Bailey St. I think it belonged to St Leo church. My grandparents lived in Marlow Ave and the graveyard was behind the wall bottom of their avenue. 

1 hour ago, Kayley said:

It states grave yard behind my house. Is this where the field/park is now? 

Never knew it was a grave yard.... 

I was in the Graveyard looking for Thomas North's resting place and took a few photos. Bailey St houses are to the far left of the shot.

IMG_2718_zpsl2fmzmmz.jpg

IMG_2713_zpsrlcw8unh.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kayley #13 The park behind you as always been a park I broke my front tooth falling off the monkey frame back in the 50s.

The grave yard is behind what is now the chemist's shop, bought a dog 'Toby' from next door again back in the late 50s.

What is now Churchfield's Medical practice was just known as Bailey Street surgery run by old Dr Keavney and later his son. A lady doctor a Dr Rowan attended me when I sat on a red hot iron having just got out the tin bath, carry the scars to this day. Attending there now for antibiotics for a blood infection.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry was going to say it's a park I've missed looked at the map. Went past the grave yard after work to have a nosey now I know where it is! I think my house in my row with 2 others is the only one that's been looked after. Mines been done up a bit shame whoever did the modernisation got rid of the original features such as fireplaces. Old toilets outside were knocked down last year lol it's not bad round here, I live here as it's easy for work and town. Just wish they'd do something to the old pub at top of the road it's such an eye sore! 

Shame so many pubs are going empty. I'm just hoping they don't use the pubs site to build flats. The corner shop apparently own the old pub just have never done anything with it.