Re # 50,

Yeah they looked like thick hot dog sausages but tasted completely different, they were in lard to fry them in, also used the lard to fry eggs, bacon, mushrooms, black pudding, bread & owt else you could find to chuck in. My navy mates called them 'snorkers.' Just had an Aldi Cumberland pork sausage sarnie on thick white bread, delicious it was...

Edit. If you wanted to eat them cold you had to wipe the lard off them..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My ability to buy decent pork sausages where I live is virtually nil. I can get good ones if I am willing to drive some distance, but don't want to do that everytime I fancy a nice sausage. Pre-mince

What's wrong with a picture of a sausage on a thread about.........................sausages?

Oh no, the New Inn, now renamed The Carrington (I think, but should know really!) isn't very nice. I won't say any more. Doctors Orders has always been a really friendly place. The guys who started

Bubblewrap, just checked in the pantry and we have none in stock but I'm sure they do say hot dogs on the tin and they look and taste like the hot dogs we use to buy from the street vendors. But the dog loves them as a treat.