Famous Recipes of Great Britain

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a quick "ish" recipe for a light lunch or similar,Krispies chicken

Couple of chicken breasts,cup and half of rice crispies,mayonaise,salad leaves and uncle Bens rice (any flavour) other quick rices are available.

Put chicken breasts on a flat baking tray covered in foil,spread a layer of the mayonaise on the breasts using the back of a spoon,put crispies in a bowl and crush up in your hand,not all crushed to dust leaving plenty still whole,sprinkle crispies over the mayo covered breasts completeley covering them,put in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees,160-170 if it's a fan oven for 30-35 minutes,get salad ready in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and black pepper,just before serving drizzle over with a little olive oil and cider vinegar or lemon juice (choice is yours) when time is nearly up for the chicken put uncle ben in the microwave for two minutes,place cooked chicken breast on a pre heated plate surround with salad and spoon on some of the rice,Enjoy,You can always cut the chicken breasts into bite size before cooking and dip those in the mayo then crispies for the kids

Rog

MASHED POTATO SURPRISE

Make some mashed potatoes(how much depends on how many portions you need)

Pack of frozen mixed veg (let it defrost first)

Grated cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

Bacon lardons or chopped streaky bacon,fried till crispy.

Mix all together except the cheese. Put mixture in a greased dish and cover with grated cheese.Place in a hot oven until bubbling and hot.Serve on its own or with salad.

Can be frozen.

nice with some pickle or sauce.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Made me hungry looking at that...........so just had some lovely  'Brown chips' with pickled onion vinegar'' and brown bread and butter...........washing down with a Vodka and Orange..........best ive felt all day..............

• Like 1
10 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

'Brown chips' with pickled onion vinegar''

Yum!!!

Something I've not heard of for 60+ years! Must try and get some English style bread and have a go. (I have pickled onions as my Christmas visitors brought some over).

14 hours ago, radfordred said:

Half a tiger loaf, chips & gravy 

Try that outa Nottingham, and you'd get some funny looks!. Yum yum.