I have been reading the daily mail today and on page 3 there is a photo of a so called ghost of the grey lady of Hampton court, there have been one or two photos of ghosts lately in the papers, why is it that without exception all the photos are blurry, whats more important the beings are clothed, surely they should be nude after all the clothes have no soul so why should ghosts be wearing them. Are there any fizicks (side kiks) out there that can explain it, then we can lay this one to rest!! has any body seen a bonefidy 110% no b--- s--- ghost. I would give my right arm to see one, then I wold know for sure that there is an after live !!. But ,food for thought,, would you want to be an entity without consciousness, any speech, or thought etc. after all its your brain that supplies all this and that rots away when your dead.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me state quite clearly that I do not believe in ghosts... but   I met my wife to be in the early '60s, she lived at that time in Bulcote in what was once a coaching inn built late 16 ear

Do you like my ghost bird?   Took a photo of it this morning...

A spiritualist meeting is held monthly In a local community hall down here and I've been to a few. It's worth a visit to see the reaction of people. There are those who have recently lost a friend or

There's plenty of reports of out of body experiences, mostly in operating theatres, the evidence of what happened seems to be 100% legit, so why not ghosts.

I'm sure it's the Battle of Gettysburg, but the university at the time, which is still the same building as used today, was used as a field hospital during the war between the states.

There are hundreds of documented ghost sightings by both students and faculty, most are in the basement, which is the Uni archives today and where hundreds of operations were carried out on soldiers during the battle.

My wife and I were touring the mid west over 20 years back, and we visited Wilson Creek battleground, one of the first major battlegrounds of the war between the states. We parked up and walked around the grounds, very eerie experience!! I asked the wife if she felt anything, she said it felt like she was being watched by hundreds of pairs of eyes, exactly what I felt.

I saw someone standing by my bed three or four times when I was young. It was when I suddenly woke up in the night. They were looking down sideways at my bed but not actually looking at me. It always gave me a bit of a jolt, but as I looked they sort of faded away. I remember the last time when I woke and saw him - never saw his face but I sort of felt it was a man - I thought 'oh no not again'. Never seen anything like it since, although my eldest boy said he always thought the walls in my bedroom were shouting at him when he and our other two children were sleeping in there, while visiting their grandparents (my Mum and Dad) I never spoke of my experience to them until they were grown up so it couldn't have been auto suggestion. I always think of it as a ghost but who knows.... The house was built around the beginning of the 20th Century I think.

I saw something frightening and totally unexplainable when I was a kid which was a paranormal experience. We also messed around with the Ouija board and that was equally frightening, especially when the glass moves on it's own. I can't explain why these things happened but they did and I hope I never experience such fear again.

I have never seen a clear picture of a so called ghost. About like the pictures of flying saucers. Never seen a clear picture of one of them either. You would think that with just about everybody carrying a camera these days somebody could get one

Robbie # 4. Never messed around with a ouija board and I sure wouldn't. (Not judging you,mate). Most people play with them in innocence, but I have read a few horror stories over the years. I personally believe they can open a door to demonic entities masquerading as deceased relatives etc. and can then terrify and control their victims. I realize not everybody will agree wit that and I have no desire to open a debate about it. Its just my opinion.

• Upvote 3

loppylugs, I agree 100%, if you are interested I will PM you with my story, for you only. Believe me it is frightening but I am not too keen or willing to post it on this site. What happened almost broke up my family. Let me know

• Upvote 2

I am grateful. to people that have answer this thread, and I am sure what they say is true , but you would have thought with the technology we have to day we could find out exactly whats going off, how can an entity operate without a brain, mind you having said that some politicians have been doing that for years,, like someone wrote ,, its the same about ufo,s, I don,t think we will ever get to the bottom of it.

The problem is Don, HOW?? Are ghosts the souls of people waiting for the end times?? And are they in a dimension not yet discovered, if ever being discovered??

Modern science, only deals with the "physical world".

• Upvote 1

If these appearances really are paranormal, maybe it isn't so surprising if they are not susceptible to proof/disproof through technological means, which really are limited to physical phenomena. Perhaps the explanation lies in the idea that the brain is only a processor of what I will simply call "concepts" that still exist even when they are not being recognised or thought about. I guess its an area where an open mind and not too much dogmatism for or against is best.

• Upvote 1

Robbie and Loppylugs, I agree absolutely. I, too used to do Ouija boards when I was about 20, but would NEVER NEVER go anywhere near them again

• Upvote 2

hey, I have just had a thought if you get true weird happenings on a Ouija board and some mysterious force is moving the glass does that mean there are ghosts if what you are seeing on the Ouija board is above board (sorry)

• Upvote 1

I'd be interested in your experiences Robbie.

There is a lot that can be said on this topic but at some point it has to enter into the "religious" area and that can be like a red rag to a bull for some. I like NS and my friends here so am reluctant to go there.

I do not believe that science will ever come up with a definitive answer to this issue. After all it has been reported on for centuries.

Going on John's post at #2. I wonder if traumatic incidents like field hospitals, the tower of London, murders etc. leave some kind of imprint that some can sense. I remember being at Glencoe in 1967. It was a grey depressing day. We never saw anything there but it had an erie feeling for want of a better word.

• Upvote 1

MargyH your experience as a child rings a bell. The most convincing ghost story I ever heard involved a child living in Inham Nook estate and what they saw when trying to sleep, is Inham a place you know? I do believe I saw an entity once that was not a living person but looked just like one, briefly. Tried hard to discover who could have been in that spot (where I was working at night) but I was the only person there. Never went there in the dark again even though my job meant I should. but it is said although, places aren't haunted, people are.

I've never been to Inham Nook Estate, Tramp - my experience was in Woodthorpe. Where did you work when you saw whatever you saw?

A spiritualist meeting is held monthly In a local community hall down here and I've been to a few. It's worth a visit to see the reaction of people. There are those who have recently lost a friend or relative and are seeking comfort and those who hope to contact some distant ancestor or other. The approach of the spiritualist is interesting. It is a shot gun approach of older names; Mary, Lil', Nellie and so on, Joshua, Albert; names with which most of us could claim a vague familiarity. Physical details are given; walked with a limp; had to wear glasses. "Can anyone identify with this"? There's always someone will. Then other vague details are given. If the subject doesn't recognise these, then the spiritualist will say, "Just stay with that, and I'll come back to you", which of course he/she never does.

Questions are asked. "Do you have an approaching birthday in the family - are you redecorating"? Nothing of importance. It's all swallowed whole by audiences which I have to say are generally made up of 80% women. One guy brings along a lap top on which the audience can see itself. Every now and then these silver balls float across the screen which we are told are 'spirits'; there are always ooohs! and aaahhs! I once went along with a group of around six people for a session; it cost £5 each. It was very clever. After each private consultation was finished, the spiritualist said, "I wasn't able to help Mr ------ so I will give him his money back". Very noble! But he kept the rest of the money of course. The only time I've been impressed by anything of this sort was when I saw a Tarot Card reader. The she told me things which tragically came true. All this is about looking for ghosts and if people find comfort in it, then apart from cost there's no harm done. As for 'involuntary' ghosts, I've never seen one that I am aware. That went on a bit; sorry I spook!

• Upvote 6