So what's the white area in the top left hand corner supposed to be?

Just some white fuzz, same as the 'soldier and baby', just like the faces etc you can sometimes see in clouds.

A 'shiver up the spines' at 'a strange, cold, eerie area of Archer’s Lake'? What might you expect to feel, fishing in the middle of the night in December?

Despite the terror, the anglers went back again? What??

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me state quite clearly that I do not believe in ghosts... but   I met my wife to be in the early '60s, she lived at that time in Bulcote in what was once a coaching inn built late 16 ear

Do you like my ghost bird?   Took a photo of it this morning...

A spiritualist meeting is held monthly In a local community hall down here and I've been to a few. It's worth a visit to see the reaction of people. There are those who have recently lost a friend or

Hi Margie. I was working at Ratty power stn in the 70s, in a remote pumphouse at 3 in the morning, I had to go in there to make running checks. There was a big pump under repair and I saw a figure in white overalls looking at the job thirty feet from me, I did what I had to do and went over to see what he was doing but no one there, the pump house is in a large space so anyone within 100 yards would be visible but no one in the area. The control room op told me there was no reason for any one else to be in there and the repair was in the hands of the day men. So I went there before dark and after dawn thereafter. When things scare me I can usually face them but I couldn't handle that one!

• Upvote 1

hi tramp I worked at the r on soar p.s. I think you might be talking about the giant cold water pumps there were 4 of them worked on them many times as I was on elec main depart. I recon the ghost you saw was the charge hand bob knighton he had a bad habit of dematerialising out of no where he tried many times to see if we had skived off, he was a bugger he just appeared out of no where. never caught us though.

• Upvote 1

my old dad bless him used to say its not he dead you,v got to worry about it,s the living they are the ones that will pull the strokes

My dad said that as well........

I once went to see a superb fortune teller in Birmingham.

She told me as soon as walk out the door I will make a tall dark stranger.....

Well, did you ?.....

I once went to a spiritualist meeting years ago with my elderly,now deceased mother in law..........The Medium was drawn to her straight way and told her many things, which she kept saying no too.......Afterwards when we were driving home, she remembered, the Medium who had become very exasperated, was right in her predictions.......Everything came flooding back from years and years ago from when she was a girl, which she had forgotten about - So, therefore, they are not all phonies........

Although I have lived in houses where other members of my family have seen ghosts, I have never seen them myself. But that doesn't mean I don't have an open mind on the subject. Besides, as I have said before, when my time is up I have a huge list of people who I would love to haunt given the opportunity.

I can remember when my grandmother died at 5.40 pm. - that day, all the clocks in our house stopped at that time - the same when my mother in law died at 6.10pm......all the clocks stopped at that time too........My mother in law had bought us a lovelly electric fire with surround, it went off at 6.10pm that night and never worked ever again.......Also my mother died at 5.05am in the morning, she was in hospital, my phone rang at that time, all I got was a clickety click noise, like the sound of a train on it's tracks, the hospital did not ring until later.............There must be something somewhere which we cannot be explained............

• Upvote 1

Something came to mind with that last post Blondie. My wife used to clean the house for someone in the Nottingham Park Estate. She knew he was very ill but she carried on working for him as required. One day she got a phone call from his mobile. It was his voice crying out for help. Then the line went dead. She tried to phone back but no reply. Later that day she phoned a mutual friend to tell them what had happened. The friend said Don't be daft, he died yesterday.

• 1 year later...

hi, heres a topic to chew over, all in good fun,  I was reading  some articles about ghosts in Nottingham and in every one of the articles the ghost were wearing clothes,, how can this be !!! I thought only humans had a spirit , if that's the case then when we see a ghost surely they should be naked, clothes certainly haven't got a life force so how do they materialise,, that also goes for cars, bikes etc  Well like I say  this thread is only a bit of fun designed to create discussion  I would love to any views about it, thanks don

They say that ghosts are a memory of a person from another time. Like an impression of footprint in the sand, no one there but the footprint remains for awhile.

Not my words BUT I have seen two ghosts in my life, seriously !

• Upvote 1

Well we don't walk around naked in this sphere of existence. I don't...too bl99dy cold for one thing! So its only logical we should wear clothes in the next sphere of existence. After all, just because our body has croaked doesn't mean we are any different as regards personality. 

Personally, I shall be surrounded by a tribe of cats. As in life, so in the afterlife. I'll look out for Catfan. He'll be surrounded by a tribe of cats too!

I saw a ghost in my bedroom a few times when I was a little girl.  I'd wake up suddenly and there was this man standing quietly by my bed.  He wasn't looking at me but it always gave me a bit of a jolt to see him there and I remember thinking "Oh no, not again".   As I looked, he just faded away into a corner of the room.

Catfan.

Well,seeing as you are interested I will start from when I was a kid.Cant remember quite how old I was but I don't think I had started school.(didn't start school till I was six,due to illness)

We lived in a very old house in Carlton ,which I have mentioned in another post.

Anyway ,I was upstairs playing in what we called the back bedroom.I heard someone crying  I saw a little boy he was crying for his daddy,he didn't speak to me ,nor I to him.He was wearing a cap ,an old fashioned jacket ,short knee length trousers ,he opened the door of the tank cupboard and went in

I went downstairs and told mam ,of course when she went to look he had gone.

Later,mam got talking to an old lady in the house at the other end of the four houses,she told mam that she had heard that a little boy who who once lived there had died from tuberculosis,his father was a doctor but couldn't save him.

• Upvote 3

Another ghost story (2nd attempt don't know where the other one went)

I used to love playing in the garden as a child.Ours was an old fashioned garden with flowers and vegetables,a path ran down the middle,there was an orchard to the r hand side(not ours) at the bottom was a low wall,behind that fields and allotments.Just before you came to the wall there were some old iron

arches ,the kind that often had roses round(but these were bare)I used to see a young girl near the arches she would wait for me but when I tried to catch up with her she would walk off,then she would go through the gate in the wall.I didn't follow her or mam would have told me off for going out of the gate.The girl was wearing a pretty party type dress to her ankles.Never found out who she was.

I have a few more stories about that house. If anyone's interested.

Its a pity that house is not still standing,it was real spooky looking.

• Upvote 1