Warning---------------did you know on some mobiles phones there is a spot on the back off the phone that will change colour to orange and it means you have got water in it. My daughter's Nokia Lumia phone stopped working so she took it to the 02 shop, he had a look at the back off the phone and said it's water damage so nokia will not repair it because the spot has changed colour to orange , did she take in the bath or shower did she use it outside in the rain? Is this spot a rip off or what? what if you have sweaty hands will the the spot change colour? But wait,the man in shop said if you pay £180 pounds to end the contract early then get a new contract you can have a new phone for free, a free phone for £180? She will wait six months until the contract ends and use her son's phone until then. What a rip off

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bet you won't get anyone like my wife ! She took a parcel from a delivery driver and when he handed her the PDA to sign she asked where to do it.   He actually said "Oh just below" , pointin

From conversations I have involuntarily overheard, they are not worth listening to. Indeed they are not worth the participants wasting breath on. How can people spend half their day talking inconseque

Same here, I paid less than £20 for my mobile about ten yars ago. I've been making calls, texts and taking photos on it ever since. It's half the size of my sons fancy job. What more do you want. And it's got no spots on, even when it gets wet!

• Upvote 1

I get by without a cell phone, don't need one, have no use for one and hate all phones with a vengeance.

• Upvote 1

I'm with you, John, but I do have a pay as you go. $100 lasts me a year so just over $8 per month.

The color changing dot is usually on the battery INSIDE the phone. The carriers usually subsidize the phone if you sign a two year contract. If you break the phone or get it wet during the two years they reserve the right to charge you full price to replace it unless you have insurance. A smart phone can cost well over $400 even to the dealer. I worked in the business for several years. So thats why they charge so much to replace it. It is not a new activation for the dealer so he gets no commision on it.

I hate mobiles, and only need one for calls and texting. Anything extra is just superfluous .

If my missus lost hers it'd make my day. At least she couldn't keep tabs on me !!!!!!

My twin sons bought me a new all singing and all dancing mobile for my birthday but I cannot get the hang of it, I much prefer my old one that cost £20 which included £10 of calls, at least I know what that one is doing.

• Upvote 2

Must admit, mobile phones do make us too accessible at times! 18 years ago when my eldest son was at University he only had a Pager, which came in extremely handy when I had to contact him urgently one day. Nowadays even young children have mobile phones which they even take to school. I personally don't agree with children having mobiles, am I old-fashioned?

• Upvote 1

No you're not Lizzie, but it does make you wonder how ever we managed before. I'd be stuffed without mine now !!!!!

• Upvote 1

But going back to the original post, it's par for the course for businesses to weasel out of their responsibilities. They hide behind small print or act thick or play the jobsworth, anything but treating the customer fairly. If they spent more time looking after the customers they've got, rather than keep pushing the big-sell to get new ones, everyones life would be much easier.

• Upvote 1

On a par with their IQ then Fynger !!

• Upvote 1

No, it's the same as those policemen that always look younger, it happens cos we're always getting owder.

I say policemen, but they're actually becoming rarer than hens' teeth, I meant Police Community Support Boys and Girls.

• Upvote 1

Tesco are doing some good deals at the moment if you are a regular user. I have to have a mobile for work and had to get a new one this January, the ring tone had gone on mine, luckily my contract had just run out.

Went back to Tesco, spoke to the guy and explained I wanted a new phone FREE the same 500minutes a month, unlimited texts and the same amount of data. With the big proviso it was not to cost more than my last contract £12-50p per month.

He showed me a Samsung not top of the range but it does want I need it to and told me that would cost me £10 a month. I agreed and he went on to the computer to seal the deal turned to me and said "Sorry sir I have told you the wrong cost..............................as your an existing customer your get a loyalty bonus of 50p a month so the cost is now £9-50p, is that OK with you?"

He had to ask!!! He then got a very nice young lady who took my old phone and transferred old my contacts etc to my new phone whilst I waited. I have to say the service and advice was very good I left a happy bunny

• Upvote 1

That's great and glad you're happy. You can usually get a very good deal by agreeing to a new contract. The only downside is you get tied in.

But I also know quite a few people on contracts who admit they never use anything like their allowance, so are they still paying over the odds for something they don't actually need?

• Upvote 1

I only use my mobile to receive work from my agency (via text). I NEVER use it to be a zombie walking along oblivious to everything prodding away as I go along. Also I NEVER use it to be an ignorant barsteward, talking or texting when someone is talking to me.