Anyone else get one of these years back??

I still have mine, the Mk3 that I bought in Australia, I have the router table top and extension table too.

I see these are very expensive now, can't recall what I paid for mine, but it more than paid for itself.

Nowt like the work bench, they are a centre to mount a circular saw to turn the circular saw into a pretty accurate table saw, can also be used to mount a router or jig saw into. Ideal for a DIY selfer with very limited space and limited budget.

They were a pretty hot item in Oz in the early 80's, they also broke into the UK market, but failed in the US market, as they had two companies marketing a complete home workshop in one tool.

The feller who invented and marketed the Triton made a fortune out of it. Simple to assemble and use.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM3SvsKphi_UT1uojFOLwzKub9wXGOC6iFavaMDxzm72kZ0kvxFA

• Upvote 1

I have a couple of those Bubblewrap.

Here's the manual for the Triton, will give you a better idea what it's about.

http://www.tritontools.com/Images/Models/media/Discontinued%20Triton%20MK3%20WCA001%20Instruction%20Manual.pdf

Thanks 'Ayup' and Bubble'......................sorry non the wiser...........but i'm sure they are nice,..............lol.

Helped my make a few things Ben, I didn't have room for a table saw etc back then, and it aided me to make all the crates for our household things when we moved from Oz to stateside. Helped us renovate an old house too.

• Upvote 1

Yes had one here in oz but moved on to a real table saw, and separate router setup. I used to make furniture out of Australian hardwoods in my work shop, loved doing it but when we sold up to travel most of my gear went.

I still have all of my hand tools in storage for when I finally settle somewhere again.

Daughter still has a couple of my Marri and Jarrah timber tables and a tv unit.

And still got my original Black & Decker workmate, bought from top of Carlton hill Black & Decker shop !

I have all the "stationary" machine tools Banjo, Table Saw, Radial Arm Saw, Band Saw, Shaper, Planer Thicknesser, Jointer and floor drill press, plus router table, dovetail jig etc etc. But I wouldn't part with the Triton, it is still useful.