Leonard Nimoy R.I.P.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not really too interested in films, to be honest. I read all sorts of stuff, though - prefer fairly modern literature. Can't stand historical or romantic novels. Like biographies and autobiographie

Thankfully you can watch him every day still on CBS Action in remastered episodes of Star Trek, good old Spock, saved the day nearly every time, if he hadn't been around the Enterprise would have been

This really needs another topic doesn't it but there's probably something already on the site, so I won't bother! Ann, it depends on what comes to hand as to what I read. Apart from mostly classic

I feel really sad. ... Just today, I'd been trying to get the grandkids to do the famous hand sign- "live long and prosper" then saw account of his death on TV

• Upvote 1

Farewell Mr Leonard Nimoy and R.I.P.

Always used to associate Spock with a tyre repair process back in the 60s...Vulcanising patches...anybody remember these...fixed everything from bike to truck inner tubes.

• Upvote 2

Thankfully you can watch him every day still on CBS Action in remastered episodes of Star Trek, good old Spock, saved the day nearly every time, if he hadn't been around the Enterprise would have been lost very early in it's voyages to ' Seek Out New Worlds', Kirk was such a pratt, had he been around later instead of Picard, Worff would have ripped his lungs out without hesitation.

• Upvote 2

Only ever watched the original Star Treks with Spock and Kirk. They were the best. I always find the follow ons with new characters tend to lose some of the essence of the original as they try to bring the storyline up to date.

RIP Leonard Nimoy/Spock......one of my favourite characters of the 70's.

Thankfully you can watch him every day still on CBS Action in remastered episodes of Star Trek,

I've been watching some of those. I used to think they were really good but my memory has been slightly spoiled. Every week they landed on a planet which looked exactly the same as last weeks planet; the control panels on the Enterprise consist of a few flashing lights and half a dozen big push-buttons. And the inhabitants of distant galaxies always dressed like roman senators.

• Upvote 1

am I right in saying that Nimoy and kirk (can,t remember his real name) hated each others guts, from what I read kirk was always jockeying for the best lines and scenes, and he was a hard man to work with.

RIP Leonard Nimoy/Spock

wonder what they will do with his ears?

I've never got on with science fiction. Gimme westerns any day.

• Upvote 1

RIP Leonard Nimoy/Spock

wonder what they will do with his ears?

Well, hopefully they'll leave Leonard's in place? Spock's ears probably went back in the basket in the props room eons ago.

Never been a Trekkie myself, like basfordred said, can't beat a good Western

• Upvote 1

What genre of book/film do you prefer, Ann? I suppose it's 'each to their own' really. I do like lots of other things, too!

Not really too interested in films, to be honest. I read all sorts of stuff, though - prefer fairly modern literature. Can't stand historical or romantic novels. Like biographies and autobiographies too and anything to do with travel and history (factual). Love maps as well.

Favourite writers, I suppose, would be Margaret Attwood, Margaret Forster, Peter Carey.

Can't travel anywhere without a book!

What sort of things do you like, Margie?

• Upvote 2