An evening with The Woolly Tellers

Hello all

The Woolly Tellers ( Mick Whysall and Dave Brookes) have been approached and booked by the Theatre Royal Nottingham

We are to perform 'An evening with The Woolly Tellers' at 7.30pm Monday 23rd March at The Third Stage. Tickets are £6.00 from the box office tel: 0115 9895555 or via their web site www.trch.co.uk

We bring together a collection of stories from Nottingham and beyond. Bringing you tales from our extensive collection. Stories that are dark through to light, and some that will make you smile . A great night for the spoken word

Book a ticket and brighten up a Monday night. We would love to see you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a range of about 50 or so tales and stories . mike writes exclusively all his material. I write a great deal of my stories but I do tell the odd traditional tale to suit the occasion

for example I will do Jack O Lantern at Halloween which is the tale of how we arrived at having pumpkin laterns for Halloween. in reality we originally used turnips, the pumpkin is American concept. this tale goes way back to Celtic origins

we cover a whole range of periods. mike will tell tales of his time working the Western Australian Desert for the Australian electric company in the ealrly 60's, and his travels around the world. Stories of Wollaton Hall and Nottingham's history includes narrow marsh , Broad Marsh

I create tales based on Nottingham s rich past and right back medieval. we have a number of dark ghostly tales through to poignant and even comic. Stories relating the mills are popular. We take historical events and bring it in to life in a story

on occasions we do themed nights but conversely this can be restrictive. for both mick and I read the audience and adapt accordingly. last year we did a night of dark tales and I did a dark tale about a murder in the Derbyshire peaks . a true story where he was caught tried found guilty. gibbeted at the scene of his crime. mike followed with a tale relating to Lowdham Mil. By the time Mike had finished his tale the audience had certainly become subdued so we changed the next tale to something light and amusing.

hope this gives a snapshot for you

Dave Brookes

• Upvote 1