Below is a list of the locations of mobile speed camaras around Nottinghamshire for this week:

A60 Nottingham Rd/Mansfield Rd, Ravenshead
Nottingham Rd/Portland Rd/Annesley Rd, Hucknall
New Mill Lane/ Sandlands Way, Mansfield Woodhouse
A6191 Southwell Rd West, Mansfield
Kirkby Road, Sutton in Ashfield
A60 Carlton in Lindrick/Costhorpe
A616 Ollerton Rd, Caunton
A616, Ompton
A612 Main Road, Upton
A17 Sleaford Road, Coddington
A6008 Canal Street, Nottingham
B682 Sherwood Rise through to Hucknall Lane, Nottingham
A52 Clifton Boulevard, (Nr the QMC), Nottingham
Radford Boulevard / Lenton Boulevard, Nottingham
B6004 Strelley Rd/Broxtowe Lane/ Stockhill Lane
Glaisedale Drive, Bilborough, Nottingham
B6008 Bells Lane, Broxtowe
Shelford Road, Radcliffe on Trent
Spring Lane, Lambley
B686 Carlton Hill, Carlton
A612 Burton Joyce, Notts

Try this one as well, folks:

Gives you Notts locations of Static speed cameras, mobile cameras and red light cameras:-

http://www.nottspeed.com/camera_locations.php

The list at #1 is described as 'Details of where our mobile camera teams will be enforcing on Casualty Reduction sites in the next few weeks....'

However, as the above website indicates,.............'In addition, our mobile teams will be in use and enforcing speed complaint / concern sites across the City and County. These sites will not be signed as they are not core casualty sites. Due to the ad hoc nature of these sites it is impossible to publish this activity in advance.

But as the site states....'Speed enforcement can take place at any time on any road by a uniformed Police officer. Drivers/riders should comply to all speed limits at all times.'

At least your Nottinghamshire Safety Camera Partnership give you fair warning of sites etc. Down here in Victoria, they can be anywhere at anytime and there is very limited publicity as to where and when they operate.

Brand new speed camera installed on our Monash Freeway....guess who got detected at 0200hrs on a Friday morning at 109kph in a 100kph zone on a 3 lane highway - not another vehicle in camera shot - AUD$185.00 for alleged speed of 106kph.

In addition, all our red light cameras are slowly being converted to speed cameras as well....exceed the speed limit through an intersection controlled by traffic lights, even though it is a green light for you and BINGO, a speeding ticket in the mail. It is catching hundreds out on a daily basis as they have not advertised the fact that red light cameras will now get you for speeding as well.

We've all done it, but the limit IS the limit, no excuse really.

I just wish the police would come clean & say they are nothing but "earners" instead of hiding behind that old chestnut of "Safety Accident Reduction" etc.

Well Michael, one was outside the City Hospital on Hucknall Rd at 10am yesterday.

Safety my ar5e.

• Upvote 1

The one by the QMC is a nice little earner. Drivers go flying over Dunkirk flyover, towards the hospital, and brake hard when they spot the mobile camera. They're a bit late though because they've already been nicked on the flyover. The mobile camera near the City Hospital has been there, off and on, for years now. It's also a nice little earner as drivers speed down the hill towards the Ring Road. There are so many fixed and mobile cameras around these days it's just silly to speed, especially at £100 a time.

Local councils are much worse than the police. Enforcement cameras for everything in Nottm.

A workmate drove out of a side road in a HGV & the front nearside wheel crossed the white line of a bus lane, KER-CHING, he got a ticket !

Articulated truck taking a left turn in to Stockhill Lane on a Green right turn arrow from Nuthall road gets a ticket cos he took a wide swing (necessary manouvre) Red Light Camera !

Won on appeal.

Speed Safety camera on Nuthall Road near Cinderhill Island is the most prolific earner in Notts.

With local councils, this is a way of life for them nowadays.

I remember seeing speed traps outside the City Hospital on Hucknall Road over 45 years ago.

Safety reduction my A$$E.

.....Around the time when I spotted it on my way to Bulwell...on the return journey I was overtaken by a Zodiac which I gave the horn and thumbs down as a warning.

The grinning blokes in the back however thought I was being leery and proceeded to vigorously give me the two fingers.

On reaching the hospital gates where the radar cop had waved them in....they strangely didn't return my smile as I drove past at 29mph.

• Upvote 2

Councils do see speeding and parking fines as a source of revenue. I have had numerous battles with Notts council about parking fines. Some you win, some you lose.

Most councils are not stupid enough to say that its revenue. Unfortunately the arrogant and corrupt Mayor of Middlesbrough actually published in his budget how much a speed trap would earn for the council, although it is totally illegal to use such a measure as revenue. He actually set minimum amounts of fines to be issued!

Funny that this topic is running at the moment. In our morning paper today was the item attached below:-

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/two-speed-cameras-in-40kmh-zones-rake-in-17-million-in-fines-in-six-months/story-fni0fit3-1227257710791

Of course, 2 x speed cameras = $AUD17,000,000.00 in 6 months is definitely not revenue raising - of course not... slywink

• 2 months later...

Where the mobile speed cameras will be in Nottinghamshire this week:

Nottingham Rd/Portland Rd/Annesley Rd, Hucknall.
New Mill Lane/ Sandlands Way, Mansfield Woodhouse
B6030 Sherwood Hall Rd/Clipstone Rd, Mansfield
A6117 Old Milll Lane, Mansfield
B6030 Forest Road, Mansfield
B6040 Retford Rd, Worksop 40 limit section
A60 Carlton Road, Worksop
A616, Ompton
A612 Main Road, Upton
Raymoth Lane, Thievesdale Lane and Farmers Branch, Worksop
A52 (T) Clifton Boulevard, Nottingham (40mph area)
A6008 Canal Street, Nottingham
A6200/A52 Derby Rd, Nottingham
B682 Sherwood Rise through to Hucknall Lane, Nottingham
A6002, Bilborough Road, Nottingham
B6008 Bells Lane, Broxtowe
A608 Church Lane, Brinsley
Shelford Road, Radcliffe on Trent
A612 Burton Joyce, Notts
Clifton Road, Ruddington

Definitely for earning money. But I dare say the councils would say that if we are daft enough to speed, then we deserve to pay. For some, speed humps are better but we have them outside our house. Empty lorries going to the industrial estate nearby keep us awake so we would prefer cameras if there must be something. The humps mean motorcyclists can get away with it.

Also drug dealers and burglars. Why do you think they drive these big 4wd pick ups. They straddle the humps or just race straight over them. Why the hell should someone who is unemployed and live on a council estate need one of these contraptions.

Speed humps and cameras only have an effect people who own and drive their cars legally. They don't stop the criminal fraternity or reduce bad driving.

If you've nicked a car, or acquired it by dubious means and not registered it, you don't care how it's driven or what condition it's in; you just thrash it over the humps and through the cameras. Then when it's been totally trashed you abandon it and steal another. It wasn't yours to begin with, so you can't be traced as the driver who did 60 in a 30 zone.

• Upvote 2

On my recent trip over there, I drove on a lot of A roads. Can't tell you how many times I passed a picture of a camera, or actual words saying Speed camera, and never saw one. Do they hide the buggers in the hedges or are they false signs to slow folks down? I very rarely saw a camera on a pole, and then it was say in a village. Also saw lots of Average Speed signs. Took a while to figure that one out, they obviously assume a visitor knows these things. They were new to moi.

"They" hide cameras in fake saguaro's in Arizona now Kath..

Many of the little square signs with the outline of a camera are put there to frighten motorists. You have to look for the camera if there is one. The light-up speed signs are good, telling you to either slow down or thanking you for keeping within the limit. I suspect that these are the most effective in slowing motorists down, even if they know there is no camera. They are 'fast' by about three mph, making you believe you are going faster than you really are.

A friend of mine, years ago, told me that he was pulled over by roadside police at the bottom of Hucknall Road near the hospital, having passed through a radar trap he had not seen. When pointing out the police that lots of other cars were travelling at the same speed down the hill and he was among them, the policeman said 'It's just not your day, is it, sir?'

• 2 years later...

Speed van up on the grass on Wollaton Road, I spotted it on the way up, so drove extra slow on the way back, which made the Audi & Mazda behind me quite irate, I did chuckle to myself as they both overtook me on the wrong side of the road, bet they got clocked at 60 or 70 in a 30 ..... O'dear! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2