Full Circle - Now back in Fashion

In 1969, I was about to have a Home Birth. On instructions from my Midwife, I had to drink a glass of Caster Oil and Orange Juice. The orange floated on top of the oil. I have never drunk anything so horrible in my life. It worked on two counts, one was the ease of delivery, I will let you think about the other!

• Upvote 5

Cod liver oil has proved its value with most modern research. Nowadays we dress it up in names like Omega 3 oils but it remains as good for you ( and with malt) as it has ever been, and given the times of the 1950s and 60s, it may have been a very important provider of vitamin A and D. Both are very important, but vitamin A is crucial.

We have taken a 1000mg Cod Liver Oil Capsule daily for at least twenty years. No idea if it is making any difference. I still can't get up if I kneel down. Lol

Aren't Cod Liver Or Fish oils taken for entirely different things than Caster Oil?

• Upvote 1

All this talk of fish oil has brought back a very recent and unhappy memory. I was rummaging around in the freeezer this morning when I chanced upon a couple of kippers. I bougth them about 6 or 7 months ago from the scavenge bin in Tescos. When cooked they were a little tough and a bit on the rank side. However, undaunted I tucked in. Just been to the loo for what may well be the first of many times tonight!