I like Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, and I liked. Casablanca. But I never rated it as a great film. For some reason the film has attained cult status, which I do not think it deserves. If you read about the making the film it was very hit and miss, with script writes on set, and no-one very happy with the way it was going. I think it was the love triange aspect of the film that people like.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always enjoy anything with Laurel and Hardy in it, but now we are really going back a bit. Often think they were funniest in their silent days.

I was always at the Globe, near Trent Bridge, and the Dale cinema, on Sneinton Dale, when I was a kid. In my adult life I've watched very few films but have enjoyed all of them. Saturday Night and Sun

#5 well thats probably the end of this topic,very few left to mention. lol.

Just finished reading Peter Bowles book 'ask me if i'm happy' a decent book with its obvious Nottingham connection as he grew up in Hyson Green and Highbury Vale,.........anyway what i found interesting was that he auditioned for a part in 'Saturday night and Sunday morning' and was turned down because of his then 'Nottingham accent'..............the chap taking the Auditions told him.....'you would be the only one with a Nottingham accent' in the film.

The Odessa File and Day of the Jackal