I joined Friends Reunited a few years back and I had a few contacts from there. I realised after a while that I didn't really want to get involved again with so many people who I only casually knew at School.

I did make contact with a few friends that I was glad to catch up with and enjoyed chatting with them about the way our lives turned out.

I only possessed three infant school photo's, and had no photo's of Gedling School at all. It was through FR that Bazzer a NS member contacted me and sent me my one and only senior school photo, It's on the... All other schools discussion thread (I think).

I was registered with FR and Genes Reunited, but dropped both of them. I just pay the Basic yearly subscription on Ancestry.uk it gives me as much info as I need in my tree research.

• Upvote 1

Katyjay is correct - third row up from the bottom, just behind the teachers' head.

The headmaster in the photos is Thomas Gunn; the other teacher is Mr Benson. I am front row fourth from right.

#16 The chap on the left in the front row of the coloured photo is the same chap on the right at the end of the back row in the other picture, I can tell this because he's got the same shirt on. teeee heeee

What an odd experience I had when reading the original post. One of my best mates is a Occleshaw, and from Arnold, not a million miles away from Redhill. His father is Pete Occleshaw, who could not have been my friend's father if he had drowned at the age of 10! This Pete Occleshaw is still with us and as irreverent as ever.

Also, another post gave me the shivers. I was at Berridge Road infants and Juniors and my parents still have the photos of the classes.

Chulla Is Mick Ufton on any of those pictures? You must know him as Kath does. Previously of Amesbury Circus. Might be Michael Ufton to you but I've never heard him called that.

Michael is my age, Pianoman, born 46/47 ish. His older brother is most likely on the big pic, he's definitely on the school leaving pic in 1954, middle row, middle.

When we had school photo's taken, they were taken individually........I cannot ever remember ever having one taken with the whole class..........

I spotted my brother Alan, 3rd photo. 4th row back, wearing glasses, 3rd from the right. Mr Benson was still there in my time, along with others who I can't recognise from the photos. Messrs Dryden; Scott; Hardcastle; North. They too were from my brother's days.