It is a shame that many of us do not have school photos to remind us of all the kids that passed through our lives and are now forgotten. I wish I had a photo of each of my school classes but alas, I have only one.

I have recently been thinking of a schoolmate who died from drowning at Skeggy. He would have been about 10yrs old at the time. Peter Occleshaw was his name and he lived at Redhill. A photo would have been nice because I cannot recall what he looked like.

• Upvote 3

I had a quite a few photos of past schools and childhood friends and friends we met whilst on holiday at the seaside during the 50's, 60's, which have gone missing over the years, mainly through moving homes etc, my dad had a brownie camera and was always taking piccies..........I still think of some of these friends and wonder where they are now.........I have come in contact with one or two through Friends Reunited of Facebook.........I have always been a very nostalgic and sentimental person and it's true, when you get older and spend more time on your own you tend to think more of these people and days gone by............I too remember a boy in my class at the infants school who was drowned on holiday at the seaside, he was called Ronald Thorpe, he lived just around the corner and was about 7 years old at the time, also a classmate who died having an Asthma attack, Gail somebody or other...........I dont have the photos, but I have my memories.........

• Upvote 6

I put my only school picture on FR some time ago. Alas, not many other photos from my schooldays have turned up.

I have every annual school photo from Berridge infant and junior. When I moved on to Forest Fields they didn't do annual photos. There was once, one of those super wide photos with the whole school taken on a day that I was away so have none.

This is the photograph taken in 1951 of the William Crane school senior boys. See if you can spot me. I'll give you a clue, I am in the second picture!

DSCN0434%20A_zpsmxefcmvf.jpg

DSCN0434%20B_zpsa7itc02h.jpg

DSCN0435%20A_zpsqjnltqxz.jpg

DSCN0435%20B_zps35uywdak.jpg

• Upvote 3

#12. Wrong. But funny you should pick that row because the first lad on it is my cousin Brian Guest (143 Amesbury Circus). I think the picture was taken by Tempest.

A company called Panorama went round all the schools in my day, just a few years after you Chulla. Years ago I had my school,photo framed. It was when our sons were bringing lots of school and team photos home. We had a long landing at that house so I hung them all on the wall, just for us to look rather than on public view. Most are still framed and in a cupboard now.

I did well for school photos. The top one was our leaving photo - we all left in July 1954. Try and spot me. Some of us still around and have a get-together occasionally. Left to right: Derek Barraclough, Paul Robey, Mick Holmes, Brian Henshaw, Jeff Murfin, yours truly.

#15. No.

School%20photo_zpsdymfvatx.jpg

#18. I have got hair - it's just that my scalp has pushed through it.

#19. Tempest did a lot of aerial photography.

Not really, I saw this pic for the first time a year ago. Someone bought it to the school reunion, but I didn't study it then, but heard Chulla say he couldn't find himself, so would like a copy. It took me some time to find him.

DaveN mentioned Friends Reunited . I put photos of our class at Westdale Juniors on there years sgo. Don't think I have ever had a contact via that site . Has it fallen off the end of the internet ?

Same thing happened to Genes Reunited, at one time there would be regular enquiries about my family tree but again nothing for years . That one incurs a yearly fee too but won't be renewing !