Only Fools and Horses (just for Dave)

I RECKON my love of 'Only fools and Horses' largely stems from my own life during the time it first hit our TV screens,IE just moved back to Nottingham and struggling as a 'single parent' (just divorced) Grandad moved in with us and i also had/have a 'Soppy younger brother.Anyway with all my probs. at the time 'fools and horses' was a bit of escapism once a week,and it rang a few bells and made me laugh at my own predicament.

Anyhow alls well that ends well and i met my very own 'Raquel' and we've lived happily ever after, (so far :biggrin: )

• Upvote 7

I watched the episode the other night where Rodney got dated by the wealthy heiress. They went to the opera and a shooting and dinner party at daddy's estate. I don't know if it's just me but Del's gate crashing and shear ignorance of any social graces was cringeworthy. I felt sorry for Rodney and the girl and was glad when daddy let him have it and chucked him out.

• Upvote 1

Yes not one of the best,Del was not in his real character for this one,and i read that it was classed as poor even by the writer John Sullivan.

Miami Twice

Who let the bladdy thing out !!!

Del on seeing an 'Aligator' in the 'Everglades'

They (Alligators) are loose in the Okefenokee swamp in south GA. We went there one time and a bunch of them were laying around the restaurant/gift shop. Some wise guy started yelling they were all concrete fakes and went and kicked one. Folks were scattering in all directions when it got up on its legs and started to run at him while hissing. They are much faster than they look. LOL

• Upvote 3

We went to an Alligator/snake show while in the park. The guide said that even a baby Alligator a foot or so long packs a mean bite. I don't think Mrs Catfan would like that. :-))))

• Upvote 1

Jolly boys outing.

Irish waitress in guest house,....................ive only got one pair of hands.

Owner of guest house..........................I'm training her

Del boy...........................................Coming on a 'bundle' int she'

• 1 year later...

Del-boy piloting a boat out of Humber estuary,

To the left uncle Albert.......to the left.........(loud bang)............and you Pal,............del to other boatman after collision....................

And thank goodness for that Freckles.
During my sojourn running my pub in the isle of Ibiza in the 90s the mainstay of daytime entertainment in my bar was every episode from series one of "Only Fools" back to back, the next day was a series of "Black Adder", then "Open All Hours", before starting another 'fools' series, ad infinitum!
Believe it or not I used to get quite a lot of people in for an afternoon cocktail or two on the pretext of "Watching some English telly for a change" (Most of them had only just got there too!)