• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried using a colander to view the eclipse. I think I've strained my eyes.

The missus always goes overkill. She's bought me this today, in case I'm sent out to do the bins during the 'event'...

You might have heard there will be a solar eclipse this Friday morning, the first for sixteen years. Already the Health and Safety brigade are out. Because it will occur during the morning rush hour,

Just a short period of twilight down here in the west.

The colander thing didn't work for me . No different than in full sun ! Will remember that for next time in 2026 or whenever ....or will I ??

• Upvote 2

Just a small point, be careful pointing your cameras at the sun, the intensity of the light through your lens can burn up the sensor!!!!!! It's nearly as sensitive as your eyes.

• Upvote 1

Re # 46 & 49, it's always like this over Bestwood and Bulwell. LOL

Went to a funeral today in Kingston, London.

The time of the service was 09.35 just as the eclipse was at its zenith.

The entry music was (honestly!) "Here comes the Sun"

• Upvote 4

I was working in Dronfield today. It was visible for a short while in hazy atmosphere before the clouds covered it.

Missed it, we were decorating the kitchen.....................

Would you adam and eve it??? I was in Cork today and a flippin'yeller council van was patroling around with a tannoy "telling people not to look up"!!!! Potholes like tank traps and cork co.co are wasting cash on HEALTH AND SAFETY a phrase i loathe more than the "rolled out" one. What would these eejits do with real issues? Talking a' Bulwell i woulda gone in the Framesmiths if it was still there -until perpetual light shone again!!

Robbie, both I would say !!!

You only have to look at some of the parents to see what I mean.

Total "Nesbitts" some of em.

These kids have no idea of discipline & run riot.

There was a recent case where mum & partner were in the pub with kids for SEVEN hours !

IF THEY WANT KIDS IN PUBS THEN GIVE THEM A SEPERATE ROOM.

• Upvote 1

He's been a regular for a long while, Michael.

Seriously, me & Mrs Catfan have started frequenting the Lime Kiln more often these days, due mainly to, I'm sorry to say "Chav" kids of "Scum" parents.

• Upvote 2

Early doors (9am) catfan,no kids no chavs,............fair enough a few ex. cons but they just enjoy their pint and a bit of banter.

and this is true,said to one this morning, 'where was you in 99 at the last eclipse' ?

Nottingham prison,he said,

• Upvote 2