Queens Place, Medders

According to what I can find, the answer is No. (which may not be definitive, and a few other Nottstalgians may know differently).

I can find a Queen's Place which was off Woolpack Lane. I can't see it on a map - but it was probably a very minor yard or alley and I don't have a hi-res map.

It's listed as being near King's Place, which was mentioned here. http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10970&hl=%20kings%20%20place

Malcolm, I've just been talking to my Aunt who lived for 30+ years on Queens Grove. She, nor my uncle (also a Medders chap), have any recollection of a Queens Place.

There was Queens Walk, which was renamed Queens Drive,

Queens Bridge Road

Queens Road

Queens Grove

Think I've got all those correct, details are from an 86 year old with all her faculties!!

• Upvote 1

I suppose it is logical that Queens Place and Kings Place would be together. There are a lot of 'Places' in Nottingham aren't there?

The reason for my asking the question in the first place is in the last post in this thread here concerning my Great Grandmother and 'partner' of Queens Grove:

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13664&page=6

There were also Queen's Walk off Queen's Road

Queen's Square off Queen's Road

Queen Street off Pennyfoot Street

Queen Street off Warsergate

Queen's Terrace off Queen's Road

• Upvote 1

The mentions of Stoney Street, Woolpack Lane and Barker Gate are almost certainly all referring to the same place. They are the roads surrounding King's Place in the middle here. I guess Queen's Place is there, but not marked.

king1.jpg

There are two Kings Places on that map. One to the left of Stoney Street - unless there is a bit missing off the maps edge!

Wonderful! How did anyone find their way across the town? but they did, on foot and by remembering the familiar things, churches, doorways, broken pave stones, we should do this now. Queen's Place? never heard of it, I will follow this line till I know where.