Colsterworth Terrace, Glebe St, Medders

Sorry to have to keep doing this but I am just wanting to know where a few places are. I keep Googling and and find bits of maps with red arrows on them and think - aaaah CliffTon. Low and behold its a link to this site!

Does anyone know where Colsterworth Terrace, Glebe St, Medders was please? Early 1900's

Did you ever know any Cumberpatches? Or for that matter Harvey's from around Annesley Street. Slim chance of either by 1960's though

There was a girl at trent bridge 1965/1969 with the surname cumberpatch she would be around 60yrs old now,not sure where in meadows she was from I thought around blackstone st but could quite easily have been annesley st,wish I could remember herchristian name

Mick do you remember cumberpatch from TB would be a bit younger than you I think.

There was a girl at trent bridge 1965/1969 with the surname cumberpatch she would be around 60yrs old now,not sure where in meadows she was from I thought around blackstone st but could quite easily have been annesley st,wish I could remember herchristian name

Mick do you remember cumberpatch from TB would be a bit younger than you I think.

I think I can remember the name Susan Cumberpatch from TB, don't know if that helps.

• Upvote 1

Hi Barbkirk

I lived on Grainger St and remember all of your family well our house backed on to your grandmothers house on Holme St there is a very good photo of Grainger St on this site posted by Michael Booth who also lived on the Street. I attended your uncle Tonys wedding to Carol in 196? lots of memories to share

• Upvote 1

We lived pretty close to you then Den, I lived in Ryehill Cottages up until we were relocated to Clifton, pre that, just around the corner on Kirke-White St when I was single living with my parents.

• 2 years later...

I lived at the bottom of Colsterworth Terrace and I was in the same class as Susan Cumberpatch at Arkwright.

One of her brothers drowned in the canal after falling off the wall. I can remember the Truelove family at number 1 and the first girl I ever fancied Pamela Condran at number 17. 

If history had followed correct procedure my surname would be Cumberpatch. My great grandfather was William Jeyes Cumberpatch of 3 Colsterworth Terrace. He died 1926 aged 61. He never married but was the father of Mary Harveys offsprings. She was my Great grandmother - for what she was worth!