Most of the Nottstalgians seem to have pets so I thought I'd start a new thread on the subject. Below is the most adorable little kitten I've ever seen.

19796_953100968056388_369501513679220032

• Upvote 4

Had dogs for years. Now on number four. Worry a bit about who's going to take care of him if he outlives me. My first dog taught me more about unconditional love than any human. Btw. Seem to remember another pet thread a month or two ago. Dogs rule! LOL.

• Upvote 3

Yo've already met "Monty".

P10408241394x784_zps71be4b4b.jpg

"Sam".

P10307761056x594_zps452e9fbf.jpg

My daughter's dog "Willow".

DSC_44361061x705_zpsfc257a9b.jpg

"Gus".

p1010132-web.jpg

"Gus & Sandy".

p1000882-web-web.jpg

"Tiger".

dsc_0685-web.jpg

• Upvote 6

I find it interesting, and understandable, when the death of a pet causes more grief than the death of some friends or relatives.

• Upvote 6

I have a lovelly/beautiful black cat called Bella, aged about 13 years , she is dearly loved - has just developed tumors in her mouth and cannot eat properly. I am giving her antibiotics in her food, she senses it and leaves most of it.......It is only a matter of time before she will not be with us, weeks maybe.........As a cat lover, it will cut me up when the time comes...............It's the unconditional love...........

Sorry to read about your cat Blondie. I understand how you must feel. We have had three dogs and when each one got ill and eventually passed away, we were heart broken for a long while afterwards. I am sure Bella will have the best care that you can give her in her time of need.

• Upvote 2

Blondie, so sorry to hear that your lovely cat is ill. I know that you will love and care for her to the very end. I can empathise as we have had many cats over the years...

• Upvote 2

So sad to hear that Blondie, we have been there too many times.

Me & Mrs Catfan have mad a decision that "Monty" is our last pet, when he goes there will be no more pets here.

Apart from extortionate vet bills we have had too many heartaches over the years so have made this decision.

I know this will be hard but we aint getting any younger ourselves !

• Upvote 1

I was going to mention extortionate vet bills, catfan. Three things that are really important in our lives are the vet, dentist and funerals and all three are a big rip-off.

• Upvote 2

My daughter has two Rag Doll cats, one of which jumped out of a bedroom window and smashed a front paw. The vet managed to put it back together again at a cost of £6000.00 +, thankfully paid for by insurance. It took 3 weeks of coming and going on a 30 mile round trip before she was home again and has made a complete recovery. It was all as traumatic as most other things I've known.

• Upvote 4

Blondie. So sorry to hear of your cat's health problems. The hardest part of owning them, in my experience, has been saying goodbye to them. Enjoy the days she still has with you as much as you can. I know the thoughts of all the pet lovers here are with you.

• Upvote 2

Our poor old border collie cross, Jess, has "Canine vestibular syndrome" - the vet translated that as "dog labyrinthitis". She became very restless last Wednesday morning, then started walking round in circles anti-clockwise, and panting. Her eyes were flicking sideways uncontrollably. She is getting much better now, although she has developed a head-tilt to the right, and is very wobbly on her legs. (She tried to shake herself yesterday and fell down in a heap). The vet reckons it is not serious, and she will probably make a good recovery - possibly with a permanent head-tilt. But she is eating again, and seems quite contented - although walking seems a bit of a chore for her at the moment.

• Upvote 4

Catfan, I know you say there will be no more new cats at your house but what will you do if a sad little waif and stray arrives on your doorstep and looks up at you - you know the look I mean!

• Upvote 2

I fell for that look...............

Marmite(yes a Black cat) has been with for three years now.

She just turned up one cold rainy day in our outhouse(hole in bottom of door)

• Upvote 2

Marmite obviously chose the right place to shelter. Wonder how cats know where an an animal lover lives ...

• Upvote 3

#16 Michael

You have just made Mrs Catfan's day !

But I will confess, that picture was taken on our honeymoon nearly 21 years ago at Skeg !

• Upvote 1

Pleased we're not the only ones to have had our honeymoon in Skeg! It was very cold when we got married on 26 March 1966 so we didn't get out and about much while we were there, but probably wouldn't have anyway!!

• Upvote 3

First night in a B&B in Skeg then drove up to Mabbo to spend the rest of the week in my brother's caravan !

First week of September & the weather was gloriously hot.

• Upvote 2

We have always spoilt our 'Cats',1st holiday me and the wife had together was in Mablethorpe 1986 in a 'Chalet' (golden sands) we took the 3 Cats and 4 kids loaded into two cars with roofracks stacked,had a great week lovely weather,and the Cats just sat and slept all day outside the 'Chalet' never wondered off,while we left them to it.

We've had much 'Posher' holidays ever since,but looking back ,none happier. :)

• Upvote 3