Dogs and other family pets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When our pets needed to take tablets we used two spoons to crush them and sprinkle the powder on their food.  Surprisingly the cats never made a fuss but Jack (the Jack Russell) was suspicious and gav

Yes friends, our little Jack is now resting peacefully 4 foot beneath one of our flower beds.   I’ve just not felt like logging on here for a couple of days.  Yesterday morning the very diff

I have now had my new companion for 4 days, Ripley became Jj, got fed up of being asked why we had named him after the place called Ripley! He has settled in really well and up to now has: Pulled

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I'm still going through many paws...and probably will be until I shuffle off into the sunset! :rolleyes:

Jill an article in our local paper covers the death of the oldest recorded cat in the world aged 32.   Found as a stray in poor condition aged about 5 shows what love can do.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just read some sad post about us have to have our best friends put to sleep. When I was at work I myself lost my dog sadly hit by a car, any way I cried all day long, comment from my boss pull your self together. A few months after this my boss had a four legged friend about a year later  she had to have it put to sleep. Sorry she said to me as now I know how you felt. 

No body no's  how you feel till it happens  to them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

We had Max put to sleep a few years ago as he was very ill. Hes buried in our garden and Misty our dog now goes every evening with my husband to say goodnight. No matter how late it is when hes finished work he says " come on Misty lets go and see Max". Up she jumps and gets there before my husband. Faithful.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

To all cat lovers, just watching Jo Brands Cats and Kittens on channel 5 . It reminds me of my gang of long ago.

This is Jack who 2 years ago did a runner from a new dog-sitter in Broxtowe and got all the way home to Mapperley Park, sustaining a dislocated hip in the process which couldn’t be fixed so he had to have an operation to cut off the ‘ball’ of his back right femur. His adventure lasted 5 days, negotiating several major roads.  He didn’t lose an ounce of weight during that time so probably spent a lot of time sitting outside chip shops.  And now, two years on no-one would guess he’d had a hip operation, he’s a tough cookie.  26_AC682_C-26_F9-4_B20-8_F50-7221245_A00

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Just got to wondering this morning.  How often do you bath your dog?  (I don't think we ever bath a cat). I read somewhere that you should not bath them too often.  It can dry their skin and cause dandruff.  I tend to bath them when their coat looks a bit dull.  Every month or two or if they roll in summat they shouldn't.  Wadya think?

• 3 weeks later...