Mrs Catfan's new baby pet, freshly adopted & follows her around the garden & responds when called !

P1020761_zpsacjv3sr1.jpg

• Upvote 2

But do they come to you when you call them?

• Upvote 1

Venez-ici mes petit amis ( or are frogs feminine- haven't checked!). Does petit have to have an 's' on - I've forgotten

Why doesn't the video appear?

Yes that's the video of Sushi waiting for her supper. Thankyou once again.

My parents had two Boxers, both named Kim. They were the most wonderful pets you could ever wish for. They had a wonderful nature and you could torment their eyes out and they just loved it. Like nonnaB I used to torment Kim No.2 by flaunting food right in front of his face and making slurping noises. Pretty soon he would start to whimper and then the saliva would start, leading to big bubbles and candles of saliva hanging down. Of course I let him have the food, and he knew it he was going to get it. When dad died I used to go the mam's every Saturday afternoon. As I walked down the path Kim would be looking through the window waiting for me - he knew when I would arrive, and on seeing me would go balmy. The things I could tell you about those dogs. They both had wonderful lives but both had to be put down when they were about ten or eleven; Boxers do not seem to live a long life.

• Upvote 2

My parents had 2 Boxers as well, Boots the male and Linda the bitch. Boots was a brindle with 4 white feet, hence the name and Linda was tan with white socks.

They had them at Carnarvon Road and when we moved to Cliff Drive in ROT, they started breeding and that was the beginning of Trevart Kennels.

I have got some early photos of those dogs and photos of myself with them at an early age as well.

Will always have a soft spot for Boxers.............

• Upvote 1

Yes dogs get you that way....all soft ! I've had dogs all my life. I've had 2 chihuahuas together one died of old age but I still had the other when I married. One evening I sat watching tv and all of a sudden the sleeve of a jumper that had fallen on the floor started to rise up just like a snake. It frightened me to death until I realised that Poppa had found her little nest and couldn't find the way out. She loved to bury herself.

Her favourite place was under a vee necked jumper with her head popping out. We lost our beloved Max 2 years ago, he had tumours. In my moments of sadness I thought I'd given them to him which is stupid but he'd had the same number of them that I'd had. Strange. We were devastated and my husband is still not over his death. Now we have another dog same breed...cross pinscher but she looks like a tiny alsation. That is Misty and I also look after Sushi pure pinscher my daughters dog when she's at work.

• Upvote 1

Whilst driving down the M1 on Friday evening on my way for a long weekend on the south coast, I heard on Radio Nottingham that some barbaric barsteward had strangled a one year old cat in Beeston, and left it on the doorstep of the owners third floor flat. It had a large green garden waste type of bag twisted then tied round the cats neck and knotted twice. 

I sincerely hope that the police and the RSPCA trace who's responsible and hit them HARD. 

• Upvote 1

Whilst inside Rampton no doubt !

I can't remember if I posted this before, so in case I haven't, our Tiger !

• Upvote 3