• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

Really pleased for your wife and you Michael, I'm sure things will get better from here as she gains her strength back. xx

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, the radiotherapy treatment hasn't been kind to my wife as she's experienced some pain and discomfort since then. She's also had a problem with the lower part of her breast that's been very firm and painful. She's phoned the hospital and was told that it was ok and would get better in time. However, on Sunday evening, around 2100, my wife told me that the lower part of her breast was leaking badly and, after ringing 999 she had to go to the QMC. It was 0500 Monday morning when we got to bed. She was told to return to the QMC on Monday to see the doctor. On the Monday she had an examination by the doctor. When she told me what had happened during the examination we had tears coming down our cheeks with laughter. The doctor was looking at her breast and asked my wife if everything had come out. My wife replied that she didn't know so he asked her if he could press down on it. When he pressed down on her breast the fluid shot out and went all over him and my wife. She said there was lots of it and he was apologizing and asking her if she was ok. My wife told him that it was the best she'd felt for ages now that the fluid had all gone and eased her pain. It's just a matter of time now and hopefully things will start to improve. It was so funny about the doctor getting drenched, it was like something from the 'Carry On Doctor' film. :biggrin:

• Upvote 10

Michael, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read your post. It's good that you can both find something to laugh at, but what a worrying time you've been through! I'm pleased that the pain and discomfort have eased and hope that things will get better from now on. Please pass my best wishes to your wife. Love and prayers to you both x

• Upvote 3

As above from me too Michael. Keep persevering.

• Upvote 2

Pleased for your wife there is no more discomfort. Pleased also for you that you dont have to worry. Everything is looking look.

• Upvote 1

I'm so glad to read that your wife is more comfortable Micheal. The road to recovery is long, but your wife is getting there, with our brilliant NHS and you by her side. You are both in our thoughts.

• Upvote 2

Hope all goes well......

• Upvote 1

Thanks to you all for your kind messages. I should add that although the pain around the breast has eased because of what happened, she still gets a lot of pain from around the right under arm area. She goes to the hospital next week where they will find out why this is happening. She'll feel a lot better once this is done. :)

Michael sorry to hear your wife is still in pain and the best person to see is the Dr who operated or whoever is following her and knows well her history. If its nothing to worry about I can assure her it DOES get better. I have a massive scar on my torso and still after 31/2 yrs when the weather is damp I get "twinges" but no pain. Its been a battle for her but she will be the winner. Mrs Michael don't let this ex intruder ruin your positiveness. A big hug and keep smiling.

• Upvote 4