• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

My wife got a wig today as her hair is starting to get thinner. It's better for her to be prepared for when she'll need it. She's going to see her hairdresser and make a few changes to it. She's really happy with the one she chose, in fact she was that happy she bought me a bag of Coconut Mushrooms. :biggrin:

• Upvote 7

BUT. Michael, and you say "The Wig" cost a fortune! That is only the one. Now let me see....How many different shades shall we go for!!! Could be one for every day of the week.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Michael missed you initial update, the service is not so good at sandringham so I can miss days at a time. So pleased that everything went well for your wife and that perhaps is feeling more upbeat. I think the fear of the unknown is always the worst as you feel out of control, once you have started on the treatment path you can plan ahead again. Good luck to you both during your journey along this sometimes daunting path. All Best Wishes.

• Upvote 1

Michael

Another step taken to recovery from cancer!

Also, remember that people wearing a scarf on their head is considered to be acceptable nowadays. Not like it was years ago. Now we understand that the person wearing the headscarf is undergoing chemothareapy and is generally treated with sympathy and understanding, so if the wig gets itchy or looks odd, then the headscarf is an option. Some actually find the headscarf preferable.

• Upvote 4

My wife saw her hairdresser today and there was a big bunch of flowers, and a coffee, waiting for her. How nice was that. She had her long hair cut short and the wig was styled to the way she wanted it. When she put the wig on I was amazed how real the wig looked. She was worried that I wouldn't like it as she's had long hair ever since I met her when she'd just turned sixteen. I'm sure that we'd all agree that there's more to a person than their looks. When she saw that I liked it you could see the relief on her face and the relief changed to a big smile. I thought I'd get another bag of Coconut Mushrooms but was unlucky this time. The flowers she got from her friends and hairdresser, and your nice messages that I read to her, is really giving her a big lift and mental strength for what lies ahead. It's difficult to find the right words sometimes but I hope you can understand my thoughts. :)

• Upvote 7
  • 3 weeks later...

My wife has now had two chemotherapy sessions and, depite wearing the cap, her hair has been falling out. She's now had it all cut off. She had no choice really because it was getting on her clothes and pillows etc. She hasn't had her head shaved, just cut as short as it's possible to get it. I was disappointed she hadn't shaved her head because now I don't know what to do with the Doctor Martens boots, jeans and braces that I'd bought her...lol.

• Upvote 11

Aah Michael,That has made us laugh. I bet you keep Mrs Booth smiling. When the chemo's over your lovely wifes hair will soon be back.

My neighbour had long bleached and permed hair. When she became ill and had chemo:all of her hair came out as well. Later when it grew back, she was thrilled it was a perfect platinum blonde with beautiful curls and waves. Over the years it had cost her hundreds of pounds and now it was even nicer and free

Best wishes to you both. :) .

• Upvote 8

Thanks, everyone. My wife could end up with hair like mine then..lol (#143). I had my hair cut today, after we'd got back from the hospital. We do have a lot of laughs but it's difficult when she's not feeling well. We are where we are and we just get on with it. She knows it'll be a rough ride but, hopefully, she'll get through it and we'll get back to how we were.

• Upvote 9

My husband & I read your posts, with many kind 7 loving thoughts to both of you.We too have been to hospital as my husband has just finished his 3rd round of chemo,&doing very well. He has off days,but who wouldn't,Iam sure this is allowed,& guess what..... we can see a light at the end of that very long tunnel. Love & kind regards to both of you xx

• Upvote 5

Just to add my support along with everyone else Michael. It's good that you can keep smiling and find humour in the face of such trauma, this helps to keep you positive and to stay strong. Best wishes to you both, as always.

• Upvote 6