• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

Obviously this is a very scary time for you both Michael, and we are all there with you. They have come a long way in the battle against cancer, so try to stay positive throughout it all. My thoughts are with you both.

• Upvote 1

I have just read your post Michael and I am sorry you are both going through this trauma. As darkazana says, there is so much that can be done these days. You know that we are all thinking of you both at this worrying time.

• Upvote 1

Think positive Michael. My thoughts are with you both.

• Upvote 1

Thinking of you both and praying that the right course of treatment will happen and have a good outcome. God bless you both

• Upvote 1

Michael, I'm so sorry to hear this news and my thoughts are with you both as you come to terms with it. All I will add is that I have 2 very dear friends who've been through this, had chemotherapy and are now absolutely fine, fit and well. I pray that your wife will have the same success. Stay strong.

• Upvote 1

Stay positive Michael, my wife's friend went through this 15 years ago, she lost a breast but is still with us and just celebrated her 70th, new techniques and today's doctors give even better results.

Will be sending good vibes for you and your wife.

• Upvote 1

I can appreciate that both your wife and yourself are under great pressure and apprehensive about the results. Over the years there's been a great advance both in diagnosing and treatment. Good luck and as you know all the members of Nottsalgia are thinking of you both and wishing you all the best.

• Upvote 1

My thoughts prayers and everything else are for you both Michael. I am willing everything to be ok. Please stay positive.

• Upvote 2

Thanks again, everyone. I'm hoping things will turn out ok when we get the test results from the hospital on Friday. The subject hasn't been mentioned today and we've just got on with things. I came in from the garden and said to my wife, "It's a lovely day, I think you should be outside cutting the hedge." I thought it was hilarious but it took a while for her to see the funny side of it. :)

• Upvote 5

I hope everything goes well for your wife, Michael. I'm just catching up after being away, so I'm sorry my post us a little late. Positive thoughts are being sent your way.

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid my wife's tests proved positive for breast cancer and she now has to have CT and MRI scans to see the extent of it. As you can imagine she was really upset with the results. We informed all my family on Friday when we got home from the hospital. That evening, every one of my family, including grandchildren, came to my home to cheer my wife up. How lovely was that and it soon turned into a party. My wife's tears turned to smiles and times like that make you realise the importance of the love from your family.

• Upvote 10

So sorry to hear this news Michael, they can do so much in the fight against cancer nowadays but it is still a scary prospect. Try to keep strong and positive for your wife. All good wishes for you both.

• Upvote 1