Michael, I've just tried to run through this thread and count the number of 'Likes' you've had from various members. I kept losing count because there are so many.

Although the circumstances are not what we all would have liked, I hope it's a help for you to know that you've achieved a record for the number of 'Likes' in a thread.

You and your wife have a lot of people on your side.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

I would give up my 'Likes' and everything I own to make my wife free of her breast cancer, Cliff Ton.

I'll add something to my post which I'll probably regret posting later . You state that my wife and I have a lot of people on our side. I was waiting for a call from the hospital this morning to find out why my wife needed another blood test three days after her last one. Also to see if her chemotherapy session could go ahead.

It was an anxious period for me and I made a quick visit to Nottstalgia, without logging in. I read all the lovely comments that had been posted regarding my wife and I welled up with emotion. Yes, I have people on my side and this is what they mean to me.

• Upvote 9

Good news Michael. Stay strong knowing that you are both in all our thoughts.

• Upvote 1

Micheal: i am weepy reading your messages- you are a great bloke!! I've only communicated with the both of you through NS for a short time- but i feel enriched by this. Antoinette said last week you "sound lovely" she Knows best!! LoL... ian.

• Upvote 1

Michael Booth

None of us on this site can cure the cancer. The medical professionals may be able to, and do not forget that. We are here to support you and to help you on the way, and a long rough road it is, but the next round of treatment is to commence. Another step forward.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need a transfusion. She's feeling a little better now, thank goodness, but she does get worried when these things happen. We were chatting tonight about her visits to the hospital and she told me that, despite the cancer rooms always being so busy, when the doctors saw you they treated you like their best friend and always had a lot of time for you. They'd go into every single detail to make sure that all was well. If it wasn't then they deal with it in a friendly and professional way. When the cancer patients are fighting for their life it's so reassuring and comforting for them to be cared for in this way. My wife also told me that she's made friends with a few of the ladies who are also receiving chemotherapy.

She said that it always amuses her when she goes for her treatment and is greeted by the other cancer patients. "Hello, are you alright?" they'd say. "Yes, thank you. I'm really good. How are you?" my wife would reply. "Oh, I'm alright" they'd reply, despite all of them being so ill and most needing operations. It must be the British spirit. :biggrin:

• Upvote 11

Its good that your wife is getting the support she needs at this very difficult time Michael.

This last post from you reminded me that our warden at last years site had also had cancer, from which she had made a full recovery. As a result of this We had a collection tin for Maggies, a cancer support unit on the Nottingham City campus. I'm sure you have been given the information. Jan used to speak very highly of them as they offer support to all the family of the cancer patients as well as the patients themselves. It's a drop in centre

Here's the link for anyone who may be interested or need some extra support

https://www.maggiescentres.org/our-centres/maggies-nottingham/

• Upvote 2

I,m glad to read that your wife is feeling a bit better now that the hospital has found the cause. It sounds as if you wife has some very caring people looking after her Michael, and the ladies she meets at Chemo, who are all in similar positions to your wife, can lift each others spirits while they are there.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your nice comments, ladies.

Darkazana, Maggie's is a fantastic place and helps so many people, and it's also free of charge. My wife likes Tai Chi which they do on a Tuesday.

When we were staying in Hong Kong and China everyone seemed to be doing it, especially the older people. :)

• Upvote 4
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife went for her fourth chemotherapy session today and everything went well. When she arrived the nurse mentioned how it was supposed to be her day off but she'd had to work it. One of the ladies, who was having the chemo, said that she'd had to come in on her birthday. My wife started singing 'Happy Birthday' and everyone in the area joined in with her. My wife said it had really cheered everyone up, especially the lady who's birthday it was. I couldn't go to the hospital because I've got a tickly cough but my eldest daughter went to the hospital with my grandson and granddaughter. The patients loved the kids being there and took their mind off their chemotherapy. :)

• Upvote 9

Your wife has a good outlook and attitude Michael. I'm sure it will help her on the road to recovery, and brighten the day for those around her at the Chemo sessions. Hope your not feeling to bad yourself and get rid of your cough quickly Miduck. :sickly:

• Upvote 1

Pleased that's another session out of the way for your dear wife Michael, she appears to be dealing with the treatments very well and also keeping other patients cheerful. Regarding Maggies, I have never been to the place although I've seen it as I've driven around the City Hospital complex searching for that elusive parking space. I do donate regularly to the Maggie charity in the form of a direct debit. I'm happy to do this because everyone I know, including myself, has been affected by cancer one way or another. Wishing her all the best for the remaining chemo sessions, I'm sure she'll be fine as she has a great attitude.

• Upvote 1

A few minutes ago I got out two bars of chocalate that I'd hidden in the fridge. I got them today as a surprise to cheer my wife up after her chemo but she's been in a great mood since she got home. I've got to go now because she's nearly finished hers and she'll be after my whole nut chocolate. :biggrin:

• Upvote 6

Glad all going well Michael,i think Maggies are brilliant and they lifted my spirits when i was at my lowest,and as carnie says the other patients can be a great source of comfort too.

• Upvote 2

Michael Booth

Its a further step. A chemotherapy session completed. I know that it is not as easy to be as strong at home as at the hospital, but its another step forward.

Each day is progress, each day has its challenges but it does have its delights, as you are finding out. Its another day along that long hard road but its another day completed.

Then, as now I wish you the best, and if I can help, then PM me.

• Upvote 3

Thanks, mercurydancer. My wife hasn't been too good this week as she's been feeling exhausted since she got up on Saturday. I don't tend to mention things because I don't want it to get to be a case of, "Oh, is he going on about his wife again, anybody would think she's the only one who's ever had breast cancer." I'm sure that they don't think like this but it's just something that goes through my mind. My wife gets a little upset with all the cancer adverts on the TV at the moment and I can understand why, they are depressing to watch.

On a lighter note, I cheered my wife up with some chocolate tonight (again). One of my Father's Day presents was Thorntons chocolate shaped like a beer mug. I asked my wife if she wanted 'the froth' and she said she did. I gave her the chocolate froth and returned to my desk giggling to myself because she'd had the froth bit but I'd had all the rest of the chocolate mug, haha. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4