• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

Thankyou Ian and Margie. Bravery doesn't come into it. I'm not a brave person, at first I was very frightened then I saw how frightened and worried my family was. I thought they are not me, I know how I feel they don't. If I don't start feeling positive how the heck can they. I started to think maybe I should ignore it...but it's there you've still got it, it's got to be treated. Oh well let's get on with it after the operation it'll be gone. It unfortunately didn't go like that and after the second op I really thought this is it. My oncologist is wonderful he helped me to be more positive. I did seem to think I was living this as someone else it couldn't possibly be me. I've always been healthy so why make me the host. After the first thermo ablation my oncologist told me that having all these regular tests gave them the opportunity if they found another tumour it could be dealt with immediately which happened. I'm so glad I'm alive, I get shivers when I think about what would have happened had I not done this simple test. I certainly wouldn't be here to tell the tail. Another moral...if you receive from your Dr a letter inviting you to do this test ( it's non invasive) do it everyone it may save your life. When I go for my checkups and my oncologist smiles and gives me a hug,even before I go in has consulting room I know things are ok. It's a great feeling.

• Upvote 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it's arrived. My wife has received a letter from the hospital and she goes in for her operation at the beginning of November.

She's pleased to get a date but fearful also. She's going to have the best surgeons in a first class hospital so everything is sure to go well..and that's what we have to keep telling ourselves. She's trying not to think about it too much but it'll be here and done with before she knows it. :)

• Upvote 6

I'm sure your wife is going to get the best treatment Micheal, and we are all behind her waiting for this ordeal she has been through this last year to be over. Our very best wishes to you all for some good news soon and a fit and healthy Mrs Booth to enjoy the new year.x

• Upvote 1

Michael I know how your wife feels, waiting for a phone call is awful for you both. Now she's got a date she'll want it to come quickly. Its all positiveness now and you'll see that oncology in the last few years has come on in leaps and bounds. I wish her and you all the best and I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you.

• Upvote 1

As you say, Michael, your wife will have skilled doctors in a good hospital and all the best care possible afterwards. Thinking and praying for you both, before and after the operation. It's good that you don't have to wait too long now x

• Upvote 2

Good luck.......I am sure everything will be fine as she is a Libra the same as me and we are a lucky sign........

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, tomorrow is the day my wife has her operation. It's heartbreaking to think what my wife is to face tomorrow but it has to be done. Most of my family came to see us this afternoon and have just left. My youngest daughter couldn't come because her daughter has a bit of a chest infection. That's been one of the main things that my wife has been worrying about, getting a cold/infection and the operation being cancelled. I bought her some new clothes to wear in the hospital so she's had a smile on her face as she's been getting her stuff ready tonight. When my family come to see us it's non stop banter and laughter so it was just the thing to take her mind off everything.

This time tomorrow we'll wonder what all the fuss was about, hopefully. :)

• Upvote 6

My thoughts are with you both Michael.

• Upvote 1

You're both in our thoughts from the other side of the world Michael, sending good vibes to you're good lady x.

• Upvote 1

Michael, I am sure that the thoughts and best wishes of all Nottstalgians are with you both and anyone else battling this insidious disease.

It won't be long before this will be just a memory and life returns to normality.

I understand what you are going through as coincidentally it was a year ago today that I was diagnosed with a malignant melanoma behind my right knee and thanks to my surgeon who insisted I had a full top to toe scan they also found a brain tumour the size of an apricot, strangely I had had no symptoms. After putting my trust in the surgeons and unusually doing what I was told after the two lots of surgery and the support of my wife and family I am coming good again.

• Upvote 8