Michael, stay positive in your outlook matey. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

Michael, I'm so sorry to read that your wifes results have returned Positive. I know this is an awful time for you both and your family. I hope these words will help you. We have a good friend and also another relation, who were both diagnosed with Breast Cancer,15yrs and 10yrs ago. Both remain on medication but if you weren't told, you would never guess they had been ill. As darkazana says, so much can be done these days. You both are in our thoughts.

• Upvote 1

Michael, this is certainly not the news you and your wife wanted but treatment nowadays is so good. Stay positive and know that we're all thinking of you and praying for a happy outcome

• Upvote 3

I went with my wife for her MRI scan today. My youngest son and grandson, who are staying with us, also went to the hospital with us. After it was over we decided to have lunch somewhere and phoned my daughter and son-in-law to join us. We ended up going to the Stadium on Nottingham Road. We saw they did a 3 course lunch for £4-75 so we tried it. We wish we hadn't as, although it was a good menu, the food was awful and I left most of mine. When we arrived home my wife got a phone call from the hospital asking her to go for a CT scan on Thursday. She was a little upset by this as she wondered why they wanted her to have a CT scan just a couple of days after todays MRI scan. Personally, I think it's a good thing to have everything as soon as possible, see the results and take it from there. It's a lot better than having to wait weeks for an appointment.

• Upvote 2

I agree with you Michael, much better to get all these scans and appointments done as quickly as possible and then any treatment can be planned quickly. Sounds as if your wife is getting excellent attention from the NHS..... thinking about you.

• Upvote 1

Michael, I am so sorry to hear about the test results on Friday. It sounds like the medical people are getting on with the job of dealing with this as soon as possible. This is positive. A number of my friends have had this type of cancer. All were treated quickly and very effectively and have now been declared clear.

Thinking of you and your family.

• Upvote 1

Michael it sound as if your wife is being fast tracked, which is a good thing. It shows she is getting the best and speediest attention, so treatment can start as soon as possible. Our thoughts and good hopes are with you all.

• Upvote 2

As everyone else says Michael, it's good that things are moving quickly. It would be awful to be sitting around wondering "what next?" and thinking your wife had been forgotten about. We are all there with you both. Stay strong.

• Upvote 2

Pleased that tests are being done quickly. Will be thinking and praying for you both tomorrow

• Upvote 2

Fingers Crossed for tomorrow Michael.

• Upvote 2

My wife had her CT scan today at the hospital and when we got back home she had a phone call from the hospital. They've made her an appointment for Tuesday where they'll discuss the results with us. The waiting game begins but whatever will be will be. Let's hope my wife can 'Do a Carni' on Tuesday.

• Upvote 8