I've mentioned before that my wife is ill. Tomorrow, we are going to the hospital for some tests and my wife isn't expecting good news. I've been coming onto Nottstalgia and tried to be my normal happy self and be the same with her at home but it's been a difficult time for both of us. Hopefully, the test results won't be as bad as expected and we can celebrate our wedding anniversary on the 26th March a little happier.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

I hope today will bring good news for your wife and yourself. I'm thinking of you both...... btw it's our Wedding Anniversary on March 26 as well (1966)

• Upvote 1

Fingers crossed, Michael. Sincerely hope that the news will be favourable. BTW, our wedding anniversary is also on 26th [1966].

• Upvote 2

Where did you get married, Chulla? Our wedding was at Mapperley Methodist Church. I remember it was a cold day - even very light snow. I was shaking with the cold when photos were being taken outside the church. I was shaking inside the church too but that was nerves- my knees were literally shaking as I made my vows!

St. Martins, Sherwood. The 'do' afterwards was at the Coach and Horses, Redhill. Honeymoon at Bakewell.

• Upvote 1

Where was your Reception? Ours was at the Grey Goose - exciting or what! Then we went to Skeg for our honeymoon. Supposed to go in our old car, but it wouldn't start, so had to go on the train from Victoria station. Actually going to Skeg this morning for a few days... Butlins!! We know how to push the boat out....

• Upvote 1

Sorry, Michael - just realised I'm rabbiting on when you have a worrying day ahead of you x

Best wishes for you both Michael .

Our anniversary is the day after on the 27th March !

• Upvote 1

Best wishes to you and your wife Michael, and hope the outcome of your hospital visit is good news.

• Upvote 1

Michael, our best thoughts are with you, be strong for her and yourself and we pray that the outcome is so much better than you dare hope for at the moment.

Mrs C was very ill for a long time and was terrified of facing the problem for years, but eventually had to seek help 18 months ago and the hospital and consultants were terrific and things have stabilised tremendously well, and we really do wish the both of you just as good a prognosis.

• Upvote 1

I took my wife to the hospital today and, after a series of tests, she was told that they thought it was cancer. She had some samples taken from her breast and under her arm and she has to return to the hospital on Friday. She's been really upset today and I've tried to comfort her as best I can. She has just gone to bed with a smile on her face though. We've been sat talking and I had her laughing about daft things. I know that a few of you have gone through these times so you know how it is. I'd like to thank everyone who sent me a message. They mean so much to me, more than you can imagine.