Shaun Derry....Sacked

It has just been announced that Shaun Derry and his assistant Greg Abbott have been sacked by Notts County.

I know Notts arn't doing well but with so few games to go who is going to keep them up now.

• Upvote 2

Can't believe Notts have done that,........Shaun Derry great local lad who loves Notts and a great motivator with Limited resources,who in my opinion with a little bit more time and finances would have taken them to better things.

Just goes to show loyalty and endeavor means nowt in todays football,anyway good luck young Shaun you deserved better.

• Upvote 1

Don't like 'Warnock' radfordred,he'll demand a 'kings ransom' money Notts aint got,there must be some up and coming other alternatives (English).It will probably be someone like Warnock who keep getting sacked and big money pay offs,give somebody young keen and local a chance,

OOops sorry they just sacked him.

So sorry Shaun& Greg have gone.The Trews have got rid of 7? managers in less years,perhaps they should have a go at it.Good luck Shaun & Greg you will be missed by supporters. We have been supporters for well over 60 years,&have seen more managers come & go than we care to remember.Whos next then?

• Upvote 2

Just seen the Candidates and their odds for the Notts job,same old sort of list of 'has beens' looking to milk the worlds oldest league club,get real Notts appoint someone who cares,preferbly.....Local,young,English and out to make a name for himself.

Why thankyou commo !...............(said,straightning my tie)

and as for you catfan,you can forget about being my number 2.

Nottingham Post today,.......Curtis Woodhouse ex Mansfield and Sheff.Utd player who quit to become Pro.Boxer ,was quoted as saying he would'nt be interested in Managing Notts,................he prefers to stay as Manager of Hull United,.......WHO?

The Trews will only get someone in ' on the cheap ' as Notts simply do not have the money to bring a ' big name ' in. Still sad to see Shaun Derry go, he was Notts through and through.

• Upvote 1

They'll be turning in their graves dat.....I read that Ray Trew would like to bring a manager in that ' plays an attractive style of football '. Sorry Ray, as someone had already mentioned on the post website, ' you may be a successful businessman but you know nowt about running Notts '. Unfortunately, you have to spend money to get quality players in, something that Notts aint got!! Hope Paul, Mick and Dave can get them out of the proverbial! You Pies......