We had our 1st snow of the season on Friday, 4 cms!! & it's only just Autumn,looks like we might be in for a bumper season.

Bazza any snow near you?

We have literally turned our reverse cycle air/heater over from one to the other ...........crazy!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday at around 2.30pm, we had ventured out (just for a break) and drove to 'Home Bargains' on the Stafford Road, about two miles from home. We had to drive very slowly but it was possible. The sn

Well, here's something you will definitely not see in Nottingham.   It's a cotton field, Y'all.     I put it in this thread because as you drive towards it it looks like

:Friends: My central heating boiler has just been turned off after being on for five months without a break.

my gas bill is something out of this world as you can imagine, so to compansate for the high cost of gas used i'm having a water meter fitted which if they can fit one will save me £240 a year or 584 AUD..

my next house if i move, will be converted over to using electric only.

one or two house owners around here have had solar panels fitted to there roofs, that's something to be looked into in the future especialy if the experts are right and we do get warmer summers and more sunshine day's.

all this won't matter a jot when the sun inplodes on itself and then becomes a red dwalf, we the earth will be just dust and the gas companies can go and stuff themselves, but all that is in the future and the moment is now..... :tease:

Snow?

You're kidding Caz.

It was 29C glorious day yesterday in the West of Sydney where I live.

The nights though are starting to get a bit cooler.

Winter draws on. smile2

Baz :ph34r:

angi Posted on Apr 5 2006, 12:00 PM

Hi BIP, We had a water meter fitted in 2001 and it's saved us loads.We had a rebate of about £300 that was a nice surprise. 

:Kiss: Indeed it was angi.

i've just paid the first half of my water rates over the tintanet and i'm hoping that when and if they manage to fit a water meter i too will get a rebate, which will be nice. :Kiss: the only downfall i can see from this is when and if i decide to sell up and join pere on one of his adventures that the people who move in here are going to find the water bill high especialy if they have a large family.....anyway all that's in the future and the future's not looking very good at the moment if you beleive what the papers are saying about this swan which has been found in scotland, if it did die from this bird virus we all will be dead in six months....

i'm not going to let that worry me after all non of us live forever and these new incontinant pants don't fit has well as the last batch............... !rotfl!

I read that bird flu has hit your shores,& my mum has the hide to tell me not to go to Hong Kong on our way to the UK !!!

Don't worry Bip it doesn't always kill you, just makes yer fevvers fall out that's all !rotfl!

Pack up & leave while you still can..........we don't have bird flu in Oz........yet !sickly!

:Kiss: Me thinks your pretty safe caz afterall how many birds do you know that migrate from england to australia and back in one year apart from the expats.. ! !rotfl!

Well there is that,but we know when we have a good thing,only flu we have is Asian................

:Kiss: I've been wanting to leave this god foresaken country for many years now but how things stood then there was no hope.

but as you know things change over time and now i'm in a position to sling me hook and join pere on one of his adventures if he would have me.

the only draw back i could see is me health letting me down, i would need to hire two extra camels and a donkey but unfortuneatly i don't have a wife to barter, so you see i'm rather stuck at the moment.

that's why i'm on the prowl for a make do wife, one of those you can pick up on a holiday to Thialand, but you have to be careful with them too, as i once found out to my detriment and my health to this day.

you have to make sure she is what she say's she is, in other words check down below, if you have any doubt don't sample the goods like i did, if you must make sure you are covered on your insurance against sudden surprises and you are free to attend hospital for a long stay while they administer treatment in an isolation ward for very rare tropical diseases.............................. !laughing!

I'm told a good sprinkling of Dettol works wonders Den,& if it doesn't, well nothing an antibiotic won't put right in time :blink:

When did you visit the land of milk & honey anyway,I thought you were married for 40 years?

:Vampire: That would be in 2002 caz and i'm just getting over the jet lag.

:Vampire: we spent two weeks traveling around and seeing the sights of Bangkok, Hong Kong and Singapore.......by the way i've tried dettol and take it from me it stings

even thou we were married for 42 years the last ten was an open relationship...

Snow?

You're kidding Caz.

It was 29C glorious day yesterday in the West of Sydney where I live.

The nights though are starting to get a bit cooler.

Winter draws on. smile2

Baz :ph34r:

Hi Baz

It was much the same here,hot & then cold in a week!! So we now have heater going,winter doona on,& plenty of night caps to keep us warm,oooo can't wait for spring,these cold mornings give me the pip B)

An open relationship leaves a lot to the imagination Den !faint! but it takes all sorts,as long as you were nice to each other & happy whats it got to do with us anyway?

Didn't it get a bit draughty in the winter ;)

:Kiss: Our love for each other kept us warm.....and the thermol underware helped too........... :crazy:

• 10 years later...

There was a heavish flurry in Basford about 7am. It didn't settle, but luckily it's passed over. 

• 4 weeks later...

Snowed slightly in Toton at noon, and snowing sporadically in Basford now. 

At least when it snows heavily, it hides the litter and dog pooh ! 

We popped to Nottingham today, to remove wreaths and visiting sisters at Gedling. On a very tight schedule leaving W-ton at 9am and had to be back for 3pm, so sadly, no time to mini meet with anyone. As we left home the sky was full of very fine snow, the same fine snow was still in the air when we called at the services on the A50, and still in the air as we arrived back home in W-ton this afternoon. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to anything.....I want some sunshine.:)